Body Interior Exterior Lighting

***Grill*** Paint Vs Factory painted

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 PM
drizzy315
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation ***Grill*** Paint Vs Factory painted

Guys need help deciding what route to go. Found a local shop in my area that claims to guarantee his work and claims his preparation is good enough to prevent the paint from the painted chrome to not chip. He quoted me $350 to chrome delete everything from trim to front grill and emblems. Now my concern is it wont last and will eventually chip. My other option is buying the all black grill (well almost all black the border is chrome still) and then just maybe painting the border part and then as far trim using vinyl?. What would be the best option here i am trying get best professional look and same time durability.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by drizzy315
Guys need help deciding what route to go. Found a local shop in my area that claims to guarantee his work and claims his preparation is good enough to prevent the paint from the painted chrome to not chip. He quoted me $350 to chrome delete everything from trim to front grill and emblems. Now my concern is it wont last and will eventually chip. My other option is buying the all black grill (well almost all black the border is chrome still) and then just maybe painting the border part and then as far trim using vinyl?. What would be the best option here i am trying get best professional look and same time durability.
Vinyl should be the most durable, but that only really matters for the front that is subject rock chips... paint will probably look the best...I'm surprised to hear that hes willing to paint the trim on the sides of the car, I've only heard of people getting the front grill and rear spoiler painted and people doing vinyl on the sides usually...for $350 for everything though, I'd go for the paint (except for the emblems, I don't care for painted emblems) that's a good deal
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 PM
F13SC
Registered Member

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
I just got the oem mid-night black grill

Old 09-14-2018, 08:12 AM
drizzy315
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey f13 that not bad its just the Chrome borders that i dont like. Does it seem durable? Does it look like the factory can withstand rocks chips etc?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:44 PM
F13SC
Registered Member

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by drizzy315
Hey f13 that not bad its just the Chrome borders that i dont like. Does it seem durable? Does it look like the factory can withstand rocks chips etc?
The oem grill I got is just as good as your stock one, it's from Infiniti. I was between painting my chrome grill or the Stillen grill. I was told paint would chip easily and the Stillen grill doesn't fit properly even at a $350 price tag. No way I'm going to use plasti dip, looks cheap.

I should of ordered the Mid_night black grill from Infiniti a long time ago. Black has a fine metallic to it and it looks great. Not only does it matches my wheels n tires really good but it goes very well with my black chrome headlights. Very happy with it, just a little pricey

Just a warning, some are selling this grill at a low price of about $175 on ebay. The problem is it's not oem from Infiniti, it's aftermarket and I was told it chips fast.