Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Front tow hook license plate holder

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:54 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
^is ur car modified or stock? sometimes i think stock cars get away with illegal tint and no plate type stuff lol
Old 04-25-2018, 01:59 PM
Superjay

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by bPChaos
Just curious, how many times have you been stopped for it? I've had a G37 for 8ish years now, and have never run a front plate in Los Angeles. I also drive something like 35,000 miles a year, so I'm on the road constantly.
When I was in my 20s living in CA I was stopped for it a lot as an excuse to see if I was under the influence (I had a DUI before that...long time ago). In my 30s and 40s it never happened. I was pulled over for something else, and he gave me the place citation instead. In Florida there is no front plate mandate (or even one issued) so it doesn't happen here. I was stopped more for my tint to check if I was DWB more than anything. I remember one time I was stopped, the guy came to the window and said "oh, you're white...have a nice day" and went back to his car. Lakewood, man...they really just don't care.

Honestly, growing up in Palos Verdes gave me more problems than advantages because the police loved to hassle us.

I know it wasn't just me because my son has the same issues when he drives my dad's car. They see a PVE address when they run the plate, and a 20 year old kid who looks like a douche driving a $150k Mercedes, so they hassle him.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:16 PM
max0ut132
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been running with no front plate in central ohio for over a year now since my bumper was replaced following an accident. The new genuine oem sport bumper does not have the dimples for the bracket holes that are normally shipped on cars sold in two plate states. Loophole is that you are required to mount a front plate bracket if the vehicle has a dedicated spot to mount one. Also, it is actually against the law in central ohio to put the plate in the windshield, so I just keep it in the trunk with a screw driver in case someone having a bad day threatens to cite me for it.

So far I have either been lucky or beat the system by finding a loophole in their legal fine print......wish me luck
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 PM
kidtronix
Build your own bandwagon.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Buy a second tow loop. cut off the end. Tap the post. Bolt a license plate frame to it. Attach license plate. Voila. Just saved you a ton of money.