Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

HELP! Need Info on 2011 G37xS Coupe Blower Motor

Old 04-02-2018, 10:37 AM
Johnny C

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HELP! Need Info on 2011 G37xS Coupe Blower Motor

Hi Everyone,

I searched around the forum for info but came up short so I'm posting here in hopes someone can lead me to some info.

The other day I got in my 2011 G37xS Coupe (78k Mi) and realized that the blower motor for the HVAC (whether run on heat or AC settings) at any speed wouldn't work. It looks as though the air is turned up but nothing is coming out of the vents.

I checked the (2) 15A Blower fuses in the kick panel and realized that one of them was blown. I replaced it and restarted the car, and immediately heard the fuse pop. This happened 3x again, so clearly there was something wrong. After speaking with the service manager of my local Infiniti dealership, he told me that I needed a new blower motor and the surge in electricity was likely the original motor going bad.

The Infiniti dealership quoted me $262 for the part and $277 for the 1.25h of labor to replace which seems crazy. I picked up a blower motor on eBay (lightly used) for $42, but I cannot for the life of me find information on line about where the blower is located and how to replace it.

Does anyone know where the blower motor is located and if it's a very difficult swap out? From what I've seen on YouTube, it appears that it might be located behind the dash but I can't seem to confirm. I'd be willing to pay a shop to install it locally here, but paying anything over $100 in labor to do so seems crazy.

Hoping someone can help, thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 11:42 AM
kidtronix
Build your own bandwagon.

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The HVAC motor is easy to swap out. The same procedure for changing the cabin air filter applies for accessing the blower motor. There are four phillips screws and a wiring harness to undo and it drops right out. Easy swap.

I'd recommend also shooting a can of Nextzett Klima Cleaner (see Amazon) on the AC condenser while you have everything apart in order to eliminate any dirt/dust/debris/mold/bacteria that may be on it. Then in addition to a new motor you'll have a like-new condenser that will cool more efficiently.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny C
Hi Everyone,

I searched around the forum for info but came up short so I'm posting here in hopes someone can lead me to some info.

The other day I got in my 2011 G37xS Coupe (78k Mi) and realized that the blower motor for the HVAC (whether run on heat or AC settings) at any speed wouldn't work. It looks as though the air is turned up but nothing is coming out of the vents.

I checked the (2) 15A Blower fuses in the kick panel and realized that one of them was blown. I replaced it and restarted the car, and immediately heard the fuse pop. This happened 3x again, so clearly there was something wrong. After speaking with the service manager of my local Infiniti dealership, he told me that I needed a new blower motor and the surge in electricity was likely the original motor going bad.

The Infiniti dealership quoted me $262 for the part and $277 for the 1.25h of labor to replace which seems crazy. I picked up a blower motor on eBay (lightly used) for $42, but I cannot for the life of me find information on line about where the blower is located and how to replace it.

Does anyone know where the blower motor is located and if it's a very difficult swap out? From what I've seen on YouTube, it appears that it might be located behind the dash but I can't seem to confirm. I'd be willing to pay a shop to install it locally here, but paying anything over $100 in labor to do so seems crazy.

Hoping someone can help, thanks!

its in the dashboard behind the the glovebox ...use the DIY on here for replacing the cabin filter to get to it...check out this video (you can see the blower right under the cabin filter0:

as an FYI, these cars seem to have an issue not with the fuses but with a relay (which may not be your situation) which may apper to be the blower going bad...if thats the case for you check out this thread on changing the relay for just a few dollars ...https://g35driver.com/forums/general...mittent-3.html.... its for an older G but the relay is in the same place...

Keep in mind for the relay issue, the symptom is that it acts like the blower is dead completely or it may just appear dead for an extended period of time and then it comes on randomly much later....
Old 04-02-2018, 02:55 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
And here is the factory service manual section on HVAC.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G37/Coupe/2010/HAC.pdf

I shouldn't think you have to worry if the year is different, the G37 was pretty much the same throughout its life for this kind of item.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 AM
Johnny C

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I just went ahead and ordered the Klima cleaner (along with a new carbon air filter) and I will update the thread with my results.

One Question - Are the (4) screws to get the blower motor out on the bottom of the assembly as shown in the video? I have the motor + fan piece (blower motor) but just want to make sure I don't deconstruct the assembly further than what's necessary.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:16 PM
Johnny C

Just a quick update that I followed the instructions as given in this thread and worked like a charm!
Old 05-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Johnny C

Hi Everyone,

So I'm really bummed to be back; just about a month after installing the blower motor assembly (purchased on eBay from a 2015 in flawless condition), I have the EXACT same problem, the blower motor suddenly went the other day.

Is this a very unlucky coincidence or perhaps something else is causing them to fail? I am really frustrated and hoping one of the more experienced enthusiasts here can help me!
Old 05-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
did you check the relay? See the link in my post above...I was about the buy a new blower when I thought mine died...a new relay is like 30 bucks and takes about 10 minutes to change...my blower hasn't had any issues since and that was a few years ago...
Old 05-29-2019, 07:44 AM
DavidO
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
did you check the relay? See the link in my post above...I was about the buy a new blower when I thought mine died...a new relay is like 30 bucks and takes about 10 minutes to change...my blower hasn't had any issues since and that was a few years ago...

Hmfff. I'm into it 45 minutes and frustrated..