Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Headlights don't come on with remote starter.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Bogcw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights don't come on with remote starter.

Hey G community,

I have a question about headlights, I have a one way remote starter on my 11' G37xS and for some reason when I start it the headlights don't come on until I get in the car. Is there anyway for me to set the lights to come on when I remote start it?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 11:35 AM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Need more details. Did you buy the car with the remote starter installed? All remote starters have a parking light output, either positive or negative trigger that is conneted to the parking wire of the car, sometimes with a relay it depends. If that is not wired up then your parking lights will not come on. If you leave your car in auto headlights, at night it should automatically turn on the headlights. Good to note that there should be a wire coming out of the remote starter that is triggered after shutdown to pulse door trigger to ensure auto headlights turn off after X seconds after the car is turned off.

If you recently had a remote starter put in, take it back to the shop and have them fix it and not take any shotcuts.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:40 AM
Bogcw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Snaoum
Need more details. Did you buy the car with the remote starter installed? All remote starters have a parking light output, either positive or negative trigger that is conneted to the parking wire of the car, sometimes with a relay it depends. If that is not wired up then your parking lights will not come on. If you leave your car in auto headlights, at night it should automatically turn on the headlights. Good to note that there should be a wire coming out of the remote starter that is triggered after shutdown to pulse door trigger to ensure auto headlights turn off after X seconds after the car is turned off.

If you recently had a remote starter put in, take it back to the shop and have them fix it and not take any shotcuts.
I biboug the car with it installed so I had nothing to do with it being put in. If I want to fix that what do I do? Re wire?