Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Exterior Light Mod In Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:40 AM
Silv37RVQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior Light Mod In Question

So last night I went to Advance Auto Parts. I was searching for brighter bulbs to get rid of that god forsaken amber colored fog lights. I was so sure that buying the SilverStar HXEs would do the trick... I was soo wrong. So I spent hours last night doing research after running into this huge wall.

I subscribed to Lightwerks Global Inc, Starry Night Halos, DIY Creators, and Diode Dynamics. So now I’m pricing and reasearching and learning about the different applications that’s available and what best suits my means. This means for the head lamps not just the fogs. Figured I’ll be in that area so why not go for the Panomara Shrouds.

The Morimotos (fog lights) have my interest. I prefer the slight color change because of the Lumens(blue or purple change when looking at the light) that I figure I would want the 6ks and up Driver/ Passenger have blue welcome lights. In the future I WILL replace these with the “Infiniti” insignia courtesy lights.
A bright white to come in the future but for now...
I’m thinking of replacing the rear dome as well for the full effect.

possibly. Just to see what I like I replaced the perfectly opperating amber lights in the interior for blue ones.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:50 AM
Bostonreefer

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
i just did my fogs less than a week ago I as well could not stand the amber fog lights. if you are going led they are h8 bulbs can be had for cheap on amazon. drivers side is easy passenger side is a bitch.

not a personal fan of the blue interier lights HATED the amber more tho. First mod i did was an interier kit from diode dynamics pure white.

Good luck let us know how it goes
The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (02-26-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
HID Fogs are the way to go.

Also go full Led in the interior it makes the car look and feel more modern
Old 02-26-2018, 07:40 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
ur interior lights were orange?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:36 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Too blue, too rice for the interior lights. I go with 5k lights from V-LED, nice and pure white. What people forget is while they might like a color (my daughter wanted red) but when it comes time to be functional like looking for or at something .... colored lights suck.
The following users liked this post:
mitheralice (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 03:48 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
blue lights is so 1997 lol
Old 03-01-2018, 09:39 PM
AdamBritt
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Everyone commenting on the blue interior lights but the logo welcome lights are so tacky.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 254 Likes on 200 Posts
i used 5k, that's too blue for me
Old 03-02-2018, 10:38 AM
hockeyzbh

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Silv37RVQ
So last night I went to Advance Auto Parts. I was searching for brighter bulbs to get rid of that god forsaken amber colored fog lights. I was so sure that buying the SilverStar HXEs would do the trick... I was soo wrong. So I spent hours last night doing research after running into this huge wall.

I subscribed to Lightwerks Global Inc, Starry Night Halos, DIY Creators, and Diode Dynamics. So now I’m pricing and reasearching and learning about the different applications that’s available and what best suits my means. This means for the head lamps not just the fogs. Figured I’ll be in that area so why not go for the Panomara Shrouds.

The Morimotos (fog lights) have my interest. I prefer the slight color change because of the Lumens(blue or purple change when looking at the light) that I figure I would want the 6ks and up Driver/ Passenger have blue welcome lights. In the future I WILL replace these with the “Infiniti” insignia courtesy lights.
A bright white to come in the future but for now...
I’m thinking of replacing the rear dome as well for the full effect.

possibly. Just to see what I like I replaced the perfectly opperating amber lights in the interior for blue ones.

Go Diode Dynamics. I have bought all my LEDs from there. They give detailed instructions how to install most of the lights. For the fogs I did a delete. Turned off the amber ones in the headlight housing and moved the wires to my IPL bumper with morimoto fogs. They look dope and fit perfectly. I agree with the blue tho. Kinda tacky. I went cool white LEDs from Diode and they look good.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Silv37RVQ
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ve installed the blue bulbs in the rear dome as well and I enjoyed it. It is and was a small experiment and interesting to test out and figure out what I like and don’t like.