Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Review OEMassive Coupe headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 04:12 PM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
I put these lights on my sedan 2 weeks ago. Love them.

Has anybody replaced the amber turn signal bulb with an LED bulb? Just curious.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:22 PM
TheTeflonFron
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't seen anybody post pictures of these headlights with the chrome housing option, so I hope this helps somebody trying to decide between black and chrome housings. Nobody likes chrome, but I figured the original headlight assembly is chrome so it couldn't be any worse off than stock to stay with the chrome housing. I also thought it looked kind of dead using the black housing on a black car; there was no contrast. After I put everything together, I felt like it was too much chrome, so I blacked out the grill and I personally think it looks much better that way. I also removed the amber turn signal bulbs and replaced them with LED's, so the turn signal section doesn't have that orange look to it. Also, maybe worth noting these are actually Spyder headlights, not OEMassive.

FRONT BEFORE:

FRONT AFTER W/ CHROME GRILL:

FRONT AFTER W/ BLACK GRILL:

CORNER BEFORE:

CORNER AFTER W/ CHROME GRILL:

CORNER AFTER W/ BLACK GRILL:

SEXY ANGLE BEFORE:

SEXY ANGLE AFTER W/ CHROME GRILL:

SEXY ANGLE AFTER W/ BLACK GRILL:

BONUS AFTER FRONT W/ BLACK GRILL & DRL ON:

BONUS AFTER ANGLE W/ BLACK GRILL & DRL ON:

Old 09-06-2019, 05:32 PM
TheTeflonFron
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Atowsley
I put these lights on my sedan 2 weeks ago. Love them.

Has anybody replaced the amber turn signal bulb with an LED bulb? Just curious.
Pictures above are with LED turn signals. It was a huge difference in the overall appearance of the assembly since it took that ugly orange/amber glow from that area of the assembly.

I had to get a pair of resistors from Advanced Auto and managed to mount them to the headlight assemblies using some useless bracket that I figured probably wasn't needed anymore. Turns out the brackets ARE needed to put the bumper cover back on and that dumbass mistake costed me like $50.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:39 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
There's no need for a led bulb for the turn signal. All you need is a clear bulb. That's what I did.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:45 PM
TheTeflonFron
Registered Member

The LED's light up an amber color to match the built-in sequential turn signal. I think it would look pretty awkward to use a clear bulb for the turn signal and the rest of the headlight assembly's turn signal is amber. Here's some pictures w/ the turn signal:

Old 10-09-2019, 08:23 PM
xxg00w0
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Arxylis
Hello!

As many of you probably know, a company called OEMassive recently began selling an aftermarket headlight option for the G37 coupe. I preordered a set of these lights, and after having them installed for the past few days I have decided to do a review of them.

Here's the box they came in:

They were well packed with expanding foam in individual boxes:

Here's a look at the front of the light:

As well as the rear:

They also come with an instruction sheet that details how to swap the stock ballasts over to the new lights:

Here's a quick comparison with one of the stock headlights:

Here's one of the headlights installed showing the comparison of off, parking lights/DRL, low beams, and turn signal:

Here's a few of the final product:

And of course the all important light output shots. Top in each picture is OEM, and bottom is OEMassive. The first comparison shot is is low beam, and the second is high beam.

As you can see, the light output isn't quite as clean as OEM. The rectangles of light you see from the OEMassive headlights aren't really visible while driving. I haven't been highbeamed by anyone either, so it doesn't seem to be a distraction to other drivers. The high beams I have Hikari LED H7 units installed in place of the supplied halogens. While they are extremely bright up close, they don't illuminate quite as far out as the Bi-Xenon solution that the original headlights provide. This seems typical for LED lights though.

Here's a couple of pictures I snapped with my phone of the lights in use outside:

Low beam

High Beam

Driving (out of focus)

Overall I really like these lights. I'm sure the headlight snobs out there will talk endless crap about them because they don't have and absolutely perfect cutoff and no chromatic aberration or whatever it is they like. I can see just fine at night with these.

This is the first company to offer a new design for our cars. It may not be perfect, but they seem to be built pretty well and the design is something new for the platform. I really like how the LED DRL's flow with the IPL bumper, it's an aggressive but elegant look. I do wish they would have used an LED instead of an incandescent turn signal bulb up in the corner though.

If you have any questions, just ask on this thread so others that may have the same question can have it answered as well.

Are you using the OEM bulb for low beam? do you have a link for the high beam?
Thx
Old 10-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Siege37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rich11G37xS
I saw them on a page for $599...does not fit Sedans , the particular ones I saw on that page anyway...google OEMassive
They do make them for sedans
Old 10-15-2019, 06:36 PM
ChrisGomez17

Headlight out

My driver's side headlight is out (the two led headlights) on the oemassive. what lights should I buy to replace it and has anyone done it before?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:21 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

That's just the low beam. It's only 1 D2S bulb. You change it just like on the OEM headlights.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:21 AM
ChrisGomez17

Originally Posted by mummy2
That's just the low beam. It's only 1 D2S bulb. You change it just like on the OEM headlights.
Thanks. Are they LED? Are their any good options that wouldn't require any wiring? The ones that came with seemed to have a sorta low output.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:28 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ChrisGomez17
Thanks. Are they LED? Are their any good options that wouldn't require any wiring? The ones that came with seemed to have a sorta low output.
Hid. The only bulb that comes with the lights are the high beam bulbs. You have to transfer the hids from your factory lights over. I assume you didn't do it yourself?
Old 11-22-2019, 10:27 AM
ChrisGomez17

I did install myself myself and transferred the high beams over. Just was wondering about replacing the low beams that came with the oemassives since I didn't touch those when installing.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ChrisGomez17
I did install myself myself and transferred the high beams over. Just was wondering about replacing the low beams that came with the oemassives since I didn't touch those when installing.
That was the low beams you transferred over. But yes, a single D2S bulb.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:05 AM
g37xsgrey
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it me or does it look more yellow?