Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Review OEMassive Coupe headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 02:23 AM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arxylis
You won't need to remove the headlights, but it will be a tight area to work with. If you pull up the end of the weatherstripping above where the headlights are you'll see the adjustment screws:

I used a small ratchet with an extension and a U joint to get in there. It's either an 8mm or 10mm, I can't remember which.
Thank you very much, this was really helpful!!
Old 12-10-2017, 07:49 AM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Those do give a more modern look to the front end.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Assuming it's the same setup as OEM, the low beams can also be adjusted with a longer Phillips head screwdriver without removing anything. I want to say it's a #3 Phillips and 6"+ long.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:23 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Has anyone figured out how to keep the led accent light on as a daytime running light and have it switchback to the turn signal when necessary. Is it even possible? Anybody have any ideas?
Old 01-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Received 51 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by alberto555552
Has anyone figured out how to keep the led accent light on as a daytime running light and have it switchback to the turn signal when necessary. Is it even possible? Anybody have any ideas?
If you turn the parking lights on, then just the LED strip will illuminate and will switch to the orange turn signal when it is activated.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:33 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Arxylis
If you turn the parking lights on, then just the LED strip will illuminate and will switch to the orange turn signal when it is activated.
I understand that, that's what I do when I want to turn them on, I just wish there was a way for it to just turn on with the car like a daytime running light, turning on the parking lights also dims the interior, and if you undim the interior it won't dim with the headlights turn on (first world problems I know) it's a constant switching of buttons and turning on and off things, I just wish they could be wired to turn on like daytime running lights and switch to turn signals when necessary
Old 02-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Originally Posted by alberto555552
I understand that, that's what I do when I want to turn them on, I just wish there was a way for it to just turn on with the car like a daytime running light, turning on the parking lights also dims the interior, and if you undim the interior it won't dim with the headlights turn on (first world problems I know) it's a constant switching of buttons and turning on and off things, I just wish they could be wired to turn on like daytime running lights and switch to turn signals when necessary
I'm sure they could be set up that way, just have to figure out which wires go to the LED strip and run power to them from a 12V switched source. You may need a relay of some sort to make sure that they operate correctly for the turn signals though.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 PM
vofact

Oem massive

yours aren't the smoked are they? I have a red coupe with the aftermarket black grill and Im thinking the smoked ones would look pretty nice???
Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Arxylis
Average Joe

Originally Posted by vofact
yours aren't the smoked are they? I have a red coupe with the aftermarket black grill and Im thinking the smoked ones would look pretty nice???
Mine aren't smoked. Since they already have a black housing I didn't see much need for it. I also didn't want to compromise my light output any.
Old 03-08-2018, 05:33 AM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hello,

I have a question about these headlights.

There is another website that sells them (I do not know if I can mention its name ?), and on the description, they say :
2010 INFINITI G37
Fits Following Model(s):
Coupe with Factory HID/Xenon Headlights without AFS System
Will not fit Models with Factory Halogen Headlights.
My concern is about the AFS system, which my car has. I did not see anything about it on the OEMassive website, I tried to ask them, but never got a reply.

So... Does anyone know if it is a real restriction and if AFS-equipped G37's cannot use these headlights from OEMassive ? What would be your guess ?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
blov
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kaighal
Hello,

I have a question about these headlights.

There is another website that sells them (I do not know if I can mention its name ?), and on the description, they say :

My concern is about the AFS system, which my car has. I did not see anything about it on the OEMassive website, I tried to ask them, but never got a reply.

So... Does anyone know if it is a real restriction and if AFS-equipped G37's cannot use these headlights from OEMassive ? What would be your guess ?
Kaighal - check out the back half of this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...lashing-2.html

Looks like jaysont96 completed his install of the lights but now the afs dash light will not stop flashing - just something you might want to consider. These lights shine wide, even with variable adjustments. Sometimes I use the fogs to better illuminate the road but i kept the stock halogen yellow bulbs because I wanted to make sure there was a dust cover in place. So if your're used to the afs might want to pass on these.

I emailed OEM a couple times and received no reply either. You are not alone friend.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:23 AM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Oh, thank you for pointing me at the right direction, Blov !

Honestly, a permanent flashing light on the dash is not something I want to have in my car. And, yes, AFS is a sweet feature and you are right, I would probably miss it.

Thanks again
Old 03-20-2018, 12:53 PM
Girlsare3vil
Registered Member

Question 1. Would these plug and play if you have AFS - the adaptive headlights? I know you will loss the functionality of this feature but would they still plug and play?

Question 2. If the high beam calls for an H7 bulb is the back able to be plug and play with a HID set up?

Question 3. I found them for $422.99 has anyone purchased these? The same?

Question 4. It looks as if there are lights underneath the low beams. I take this to only be a look and not actually any lights present?
Old 04-27-2018, 03:22 PM
HarvirK
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Did any of you guys know where these headlights where made? Also my mechanic was telling me about aftermarket headlights leaking, do these leak too.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Maneil Rana

So after installing it looks like with AFS lights it the high beams simply won't always turn on, sometimes one light (either side) will not turn on, resulting flickering . 80% of the time it works, anyone else using an AFS car and have it working? The stock ballast has 3 connectors wheras this one only has one, likely causing issues. I have the AFS switch turned to off but maybe switching it to on may help, even if the car overrides it and alerts me to the off section.

For anyone asking these are made in the US, as I paid NAFTA duties not international duties when importing to Canada.

Originally Posted by HarvirK
Did any of you guys know where these headlights where made? Also my mechanic was telling me about aftermarket headlights leaking, do these leak too.

Quick Reply: Review OEMassive Coupe headlights