Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Aitracing Carbon Fiber Roof Overlays

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 04:32 AM
Dane Noro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aitracing Carbon Fiber Roof Overlays

Anyone have any experiences with this? I haven't had any luck with the search function, maybe I just suck with it =\

some parts of my clear coat is starting to come off from Florida sun on some small parts, While I can do minor touch ups myself, I don't really want to touch the roof, it's either this or getting it vinyled black but shops want almost as much as the carbon fiber overlay.

What do you guys think?
Old 08-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You want real cf or just vinyl. Vinyl is easy if you use soap/water mix spray and push water out with squigee
Old 08-30-2017, 08:09 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
everytime i watch those wrap vids on youtube those guys dont seem to do the soapy water technique. anyone knows what gives? how are they avoiding tiny dust particles bc no matter how much u clean an area there will always be a few dust still on the surface
Old 08-31-2017, 03:21 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You can't get all dust out but I've always used soapy water to give you more room to work the film
Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 AM
sam24th

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive wrapped cars before. I absolutely hate doing it now, but if you have patience, it's not too hard. I never use soapy water though. It messes with the adhesion and you'll notice the wrap coming up after awhile. If you use a good quality wrap like 3m you can stretch and work it better than the cheap wraps. Usually I'll do a panel at a time and clean it real well right before wrapping. You can't prevent ll the dust, you just have to keep it to a minimum.