Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Front Headlight moisture, inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 04:39 PM
BoodG
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Headlight moisture, inside

I have an 08 G37s, and when the shop that fixed my car after the carwash's track messed up the underside redid that side, the headlight doesn't seat down like it should, but caused a leak. Now I have moisture inside fogging it up. It looks HORRIBLE. Is there a way to clean the inside of the headlight, or is it a replacement. If it is the latter, does anyone know where to get good replacement headlights rather than EFFING Infiniti?
Old 07-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by BoodG
I have an 08 G37s, and when the shop that fixed my car after the carwash's track messed up the underside redid that side, the headlight doesn't seat down like it should, but caused a leak. Now I have moisture inside fogging it up. It looks HORRIBLE. Is there a way to clean the inside of the headlight, or is it a replacement. If it is the latter, does anyone know where to get good replacement headlights rather than EFFING Infiniti?
If it didn't occur before the repair, That sounds like a bodyshop problem. Clearly the headlight was removed for the repair and was not properly reinstalled. Take it back to them.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:25 PM
Detail
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
You can also try dropping a few silica packets behind the projector if its minimal fogging.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:33 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
The hard part with getting them to fix it is proving it's their fault but it's worth a shot especially if it's not seated correctly. Short of getting them to repair/replace it you can bake them to open them up then seal it correctly yourself. Kind of a pain though. If you don't want to do that yourself and they shop won't help you then check for a used one online. Good luck
Old 07-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
If the shop gives you trouble, complain to your insurance company