Diode Dynamic XLM2 LED Fog Lamp

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 08:52 PM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Diode Dynamic XLM2 LED Fog Problem

Hey Everyone.

My XLM2 LED Fog Lamp from Diode Dynamic (DD) just had two bulbs go out simultaneously today. After calling DD, they are sending me a replacement right away. Great customer service!!!!!

Now, my question and point of confusion are the following:

1. Is this a XML2 LED Fog Lamp issue or an electrical issue on my G? The reason I am asking is that both my driver side and the passenger side has an inner bulb that failed to light up while the outer bulbs remain functional when turned on. This seems very strange to me and I don't know what to make of it.

2. If one of the two bulbs are lighting up on each of the XML2 LEDs, that means there is electricity going to each of the units from the relay. What can this possibly mean? Had it been an outer bulb and an inner bulb going out or just the driver side or passenger side going out, I would say it's a XML2 LED issue. The way this issue is presented today got me really confused.

3. I noticed that my passenger fog lamp switches on and off periodically. Perhaps low voltage being sent to the XML2 LED lamps?

4. Have anyone experienced this?

Please see attached picture for further details.
Attached Thumbnails Diode Dynamic XLM2 LED Fog Lamp-driver-side.jpg   Diode Dynamic XLM2 LED Fog Lamp-passenger-side.jpg  

Last edited by G37xS-Life; 06-23-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:36 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Anyone............?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
This is most likely just the LEDs going bad and it is a coincidence that both inner LEDs went out. One LED in the lamp not working just means something happened with that one LED (or the circuitry leading to the LED). The fact that the passenger fog goes completely out from time to time also points to a bad LED lamp.
The following users liked this post:
G37xS-Life (06-28-2017)
Old 06-28-2017, 09:10 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Entcee
This is most likely just the LEDs going bad and it is a coincidence that both inner LEDs went out. One LED in the lamp not working just means something happened with that one LED (or the circuitry leading to the LED). The fact that the passenger fog goes completely out from time to time also points to a bad LED lamp.
Ok, thank you for your reply and I appreciate that.