Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Passenger Window Switch / Door Lock Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Passenger Window Switch / Door Lock Not Working

So I've been fighting this battle for over a year now. My passenger window keeps failing to work. What happens is both the passenger window and door lock become unresponsive. When I try to operate the switch, its not giving power to the motor. When I put 12 volts on the motor, the window works just fine.

If I unplug the switch and plug it back in, the door lock and window switch works again for a couple of days/weeks and then it will fail again. I took it in under warranty when this first happened and they blamed my tint guy and said the switch was unplugged. I'm assuming they just unplugged it and plugged it back in. Also, yes I have made sure the child lock switch isn't on

On one occasion a friend slammed the door shut and the window shimmed up and I got power back to the window and door lock switch, only to have it fail a few days later.

I tried replacing the entire pass switch/lock assembly and still have the same issue. Any ideas on what this could be? I was going to try replaceing the driver side switch assembly next and cross my fingers :/
Old 02-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Motor could be going out dealers hate that warranty job cause the amount of time
Old 02-16-2017, 12:31 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Ironically enough, after I posted this, the passenger door switches work again. Nobody used the door from the time I last checked the window either....

I'm thinking it may be a faulty ground?? I'm also wondering if I can get the work done by the dealer and still have it covered under warranty as their "fix" during warranty didn't last.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
I know the g35 had horrible window motors and door lock actuators that failed constantly. Not sure if the g37 is still plagued from its ancestry.