Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 08:01 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
2GorNot2G- Do you have a 2.2 ohm resistor on the passenger seat too?

My occupant classification sensor has shipped. This is the 1st step in adding another Sparco seat to my car. Hopefully, this thing works.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:08 AM
louith
Registered Member

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ

My occupant classification sensor has shipped. This is the 1st step in adding another Sparco seat to my car. Hopefully, this thing works.

the occupancy sensor worked for me. however, i had to get a seat belt cheat to tell the car that the passenger had a seat belt on to turn off the seat belt light in my dash.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:32 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by louith
the occupancy sensor worked for me. however, i had to get a seat belt cheat to tell the car that the passenger had a seat belt on to turn off the seat belt light in my dash.
Was this on a G37? Where do you find a "selt belt cheat?"
Old 03-14-2019, 03:44 PM
louith
Registered Member

Was this on a G37? Where do you find a "selt belt cheat?"
yeah its on my coupe. once i installed it, the air bag light went away for the passenger occupancy. but it told me that the passenger seat belt needed to be put on.

https://thetikit.com/collections/cars-trucks-2

they also double as a bottle opener lol
here are my seats installed
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (03-18-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts

Awesome. Curious to hear how the occupant sensor works.

Yeah, I'm using the same resistor rating on the chassis harness for both seats. Should be 2.2 ohm 1/2 watt, if I recall correctly.
The following users liked this post:
4DRZ (03-18-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:13 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

yeah its on my coupe. once i installed it, the air bag light went away for the passenger occupancy. but it told me that the passenger seat belt needed to be put on.

https://thetikit.com/collections/cars-trucks-2

they also double as a bottle opener lol
here are my seats installed
Oh I thought you had to wire something in. I could always just buckle the seat belt, but I suppose that would work too. How do you like your Bride seats? Looks like they gave you a lot of material for your e-brake. I like all the blue though, that looks cool.

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Awesome. Curious to hear how the occupant sensor works.

Yeah, I'm using the same resistor rating on the chassis harness for both seats. Should be 2.2 ohm 1/2 watt, if I recall correctly.
I hope the occupant emulator works well. It arrived today and it is really small.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:26 AM
louith
Registered Member

Oh I thought you had to wire something in. I could always just buckle the seat belt, but I suppose that would work too. How do you like your Bride seats? Looks like they gave you a lot of material for your e-brake. I like all the blue though, that looks cool.

I hope the occupant emulator works well. It arrived today and it is really small.

Yeah not 100% happy with the ebrake boot. probably going to get rid of it. the fabric isnt very soft so it sticks up everytime i try to push it down.

did the occupant sensor work out?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:16 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

did the occupant sensor work out?
Yes, I finally got a chance to install it yesterday. It does keep the airbag light off, but for some reason it puts the seatbelt light on for the passenger seat now unless it is buckled so they must not have figured that part out in the wiring.

Thanks for the suggestion for the seat belt fake buckle. I guess I will need to get one of those, but remember to take it out every time someone sits there. Strange, but I understand it. It is annoying, but definitely the easiest way around the occupant classification sensor. I don't have people ride in that seat very often so I am ok with it.

I think this means I am a go on ordering the seat rails for the passenger side and then the Sparco R600 seat in a few months after the rails arrive and I test fit them. I may run another week or two with the occupant classification emulator installed just to be sure it continues to work properly.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
No idea what the connectors are like or how any of it looks, but would you be able to get a seat belt receptacle thing off a wrecked G, connect that to whatever wire or sensor knows when it's buckled, then put the seat belt cheater into that and have it tucked up under the seat?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:37 AM
louith
Registered Member

Yes, I finally got a chance to install it yesterday. It does keep the airbag light off, but for some reason it puts the seatbelt light on for the passenger seat now unless it is buckled so they must not have figured that part out in the wiring.

Thanks for the suggestion for the seat belt fake buckle. I guess I will need to get one of those, but remember to take it out every time someone sits there. Strange, but I understand it. It is annoying, but definitely the easiest way around the occupant classification sensor. I don't have people ride in that seat very often so I am ok with it.
Yeah that was the reason for me getting the fake buckle. i dont want to have the seat belt plugged in when im in the car by myself so i just threw in the buckle cheat. its cheap and easy and no need to mess with wiring. they are cheap enough. i might have another laying around somewhere. i just gotta find it. not sure where i put it.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:18 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
No idea what the connectors are like or how any of it looks, but would you be able to get a seat belt receptacle thing off a wrecked G, connect that to whatever wire or sensor knows when it's buckled, then put the seat belt cheater into that and have it tucked up under the seat?
That would be another possibility. I will be fine with the fake seat belt buckle since I don't have people ride with me very often. It's just a simpler solution.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:43 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

I ordered a very similar seat belt buckle off of amazon that should be here tomorrow. It can also be used as a bottle opener. Are they trying to promote drunk driving?!?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:47 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

So I put in the fake seat belt and it works well. It looks a lot better than driving around with the whole seat belt latched. In fact, it is so small that you really don't even notice it. Good solution for a dumb problem. Thanks for the suggestion Louith.

The following 2 users liked this post by 4DRZ:
2GoRNot2G (04-01-2019), louith (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 11:17 AM
louith
Registered Member

glad it worked out!! i still need to put in new resistors in mine to trick the air bag. i still have the light on my dash. i think my 2.2 ohm resistors are 1/4 watt.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:44 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

glad it worked out!! i still need to put in new resistors in mine to trick the air bag. i still have the light on my dash. i think my 2.2 ohm resistors are 1/4 watt.
I'm not sure if the wattage makes a difference, but I believe mine is 1/2 watt. It is also 2.2 ohm.

Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced the front seats in their sedan?