Review Diode Dynamics XML2 LED Foglights - Page 2 - MyG37



Diode Dynamics XML2 LED Foglights

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2016, 11:46 PM   #16
350zspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts


The blue city lights don't help but the 4k xml2 are very close .
350zspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #17
gman69
Registered User
 
gman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 295
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zspeed View Post


The blue city lights don't help but the 4k xml2 are very close .
Thanks.... Looks great.
gman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:01 PM   #18
Ricio1991
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tempe,AZ
Posts: 1,268
Thanked 99 Times in 96 Posts
Here is 6k I know you want 4 or 5k but quality is amazing from DD XLM2 so you'll be making a good choice if you want to just replace the bulb
Attached Thumbnails
Diode Dynamics XML2 LED Foglights-photo113.jpg  
Ricio1991 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:09 PM   #19
dwb993
Premier Member
Thread Starter
 
dwb993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 401
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
Follow Up

OK, so a follow up to my review:

I have had some issues with these lights.

First, the metal cap on the end of one of my lights came detached and is sitting in the foglight housing. Make sure yours is tight before you install.

I have had both lights fail. In both cases, the LEDs themselves burned out. Symptoms were an electrical sounding noise emanating from the bulbs for a period of time, then they failed.

Diode Dynamics has been very good about shipping replacements. I plan to replace the latest failed light and get the cap out of the housing this weekend. Will be the fist time I've had the bumper off of this car.
dwb993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #20
G37xS-Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 292
Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts
I had the same issue with burned out LEDs. Mine happened to both side simultaneously. It lasted exactly 1 year, but DD made good on their warranty and sent me brand new ones for replacement.

Great customer service but hopefully better quality control.



Quote:
Originally Posted by dwb993 View Post
OK, so a follow up to my review:

I have had some issues with these lights.

First, the metal cap on the end of one of my lights came detached and is sitting in the foglight housing. Make sure yours is tight before you install.

I have had both lights fail. In both cases, the LEDs themselves burned out. Symptoms were an electrical sounding noise emanating from the bulbs for a period of time, then they failed.

Diode Dynamics has been very good about shipping replacements. I plan to replace the latest failed light and get the cap out of the housing this weekend. Will be the fist time I've had the bumper off of this car.
G37xS-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #21
bikezilla
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Westchester
Posts: 914
Thanked 240 Times in 148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37xS-Life View Post
I had the same issue with burned out LEDs. Mine happened to both side simultaneously. It lasted exactly 1 year, but DD made good on their warranty and sent me brand new ones for replacement.

Great customer service but hopefully better quality control.
Same experience exactly.
bikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #22
dwb993
Premier Member
Thread Starter
 
dwb993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 401
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
Yeah.

At this point, I have replaced both sides multiple times. All appear to have been the LED unit burning out.

I contacted DD to inquire about a refund, as I did not want to get 10 times the product I originally paid for via returns. They said I was out of the refund time window and sent me yet another replacement bulb. How they can stay in business like that is beyond me, but I appreciate the support. I suspect they would cut me off at some point.

For now, I have some new Retrofitsource units I will be trying. I will post my results for everyone.
dwb993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #23
dwb993
Premier Member
Thread Starter
 
dwb993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 401
Thanked 64 Times in 57 Posts
Update

I can now say without hesitation that you should NOT purchase the Diode Dynamics LED bulbs. Instead, go for the RetrofitSource H11 Morimoto 2Stroke LED bulbs:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h1...ect_restrict=1

These bulbs are a much better design, with extended cooling plates. They give off the same clear white light as the DD units, but last longer. I have had mine in place for 4+ months with NO issues whatsoever.

I certainly wish I could recommend the DD units, and I have absolutely no issues with the Customer Service I received from them, but nothing is a substitute for quality product, which the TRS units most certainly are.

I hope this helps.
dwb993 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS G37 sedan RWD Fast intentions true dual exhaust omega13 Private Classifieds 22 05-04-2016 02:05 AM
Running Lights to Driver Side Fuse Box - Which Ampage? pureoptic G37 Coupe 1 05-01-2016 04:53 AM
FS FS/TRADE: 2016 Black w/white stitch Maxima shift knob Mkhlmnn Private Classifieds 9 04-30-2016 08:52 PM
FS GTR start button with special lighting omega13 Private Classifieds 2 04-28-2016 12:10 PM
My dash and wheel light doesn't work! Tuguacshayan G37 Coupe 5 04-28-2016 01:21 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: