Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Review Tail as Turn from DiodeDynamics

Old 08-03-2015, 12:21 AM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Tail as Turn from DiodeDynamics

Purchased and installed this product from DiodeDynamics this week.

2008-2015 Infiniti G37 Coupe Tail as Turn? Module - G37 Coupe - Infiniti - Products By Vehicle

Vendor review
Initial purchase was straight forward with fast shipping, when the item arrived (package includes (two) plug and play harnesses, one for each taillight) one of them did not work. I immediately contacted customer service, explained that one of the harnesses was not working (after switching them from light to light) and to my surprise got taken care of immediately. They sent me a replacement no questions asked, these meant a lot to me. I would like to thank them for that kind of service.

Product review
Pros:
- Easy installation, plug and play
- Works as advertised, not rapid flashing
- They look great, gives the car a much modern look
Cons:
- Resistors get really hot to the touch, found this a little worrying but it turns out it is normal, just tuck them away in one of the crevices
- When applying the brakes while having the signal lights ON (left or right) it makes the blinkers (front and rear) get out of sync, this means that one flashes after the other instead of at the same time.

Thanks again DiodeDynamics for taking care of me as it should, returning customer.
The following 2 users liked this post by GW330:
Diode Dynamics (08-19-2015), slowbird (08-03-2015)
Old 08-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
I have them as well and like them a lot! I'll have to check on the CONS list to see if I have the same issues.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:03 PM
GW330
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I have them as well and like them a lot! I'll have to check on the CONS list to see if I have the same issues.
Let me know if you can!

Thanks
Old 08-03-2015, 08:07 PM
WillCo1
Registered Member

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the review.

I'm going to get them...soon.

I was driving behind a G Coupe the other night when it put on it's turn signal to change lanes. I saw how ugly the solid red circle light blinking looked in the tail light.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:04 AM
kyle_350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tail as Turn from DiodeDynamics

You're absolutely right. Just checked it, with turn signals on the fronts blink when the rears are off and vice versa. I loved this product because of how easy it was to install, but I'll be contacting diode dynamics tomorrow about this.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:00 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
The Tail-as-Turn™ was designed this way, so the brakes will immediately take precedent over the turn signal if the brake and turn signal are applied at the same time

Nick C.
The following users liked this post:
GW330 (09-06-2015)
Old 05-18-2017, 04:10 AM
dbj3ff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need to do this mod soon!
Old 06-06-2023, 05:12 PM
AMP_01
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics
The Tail-as-Turn™ was designed this way, so the brakes will immediately take precedent over the turn signal if the brake and turn signal are applied at the same time

Nick C.
I know I'm years late to this (whoops) but what is stopping the mod from utilizing the original turn signal bulb as the new brake light to keep them in sync?
Old 02-02-2024, 05:41 PM
killerofjoy
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, since you've cracked this can wide open, I'll chime in to say that what you're suggesting is exactly what I've been mulling over. To me, the current iteration of TAT setup makes no sense. I'd be effectively removing a discrete light source (the turn signal) and bundling it into a thin ring which already has 2 functions to perform. It might be aesthetically neat, but I am also a big fan of not getting rear-ended, so, there's that.

What I'd like to end up with is 4 halos, each of which does the low power driving taillight and the high power turn signal, and inside of those I'd have 4 stop light bulbs.
I've just picked up a used set of taillamps to cut into, and I know exactly what to use for the stop lights. I'm just stuck on finding the right halos. DD's seem very nice and all, and while I'm sure that there are all kinds of valid reasons for these prices, to me, spending $230 on some light-up rings a 10+ year old car is just nuts, especially when every online marketplace is awash with $15 halos.

Currently considering doubling up some 5mm monochrome reds, one halo within another, so, 8 total, where the outer ones would be the running lights and the inner ones - turn signals. Plus the center pods for brake lights. If I pull the trigger on that idea, I'd still be at way, way less than half of the DD price. And I think that's what is bugging me most - I am always willing to pay extra for quality, and for customer service, but within reason. Certainly not double.