Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Driver's Side Power Door Lock

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 03:41 AM
NoPainNoglory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayny1
Bringing up an old topic, but did you an affordable solution for this issue?I'm also in the charlotte area and my driver side lock is intermittently not locking. I'm looking to avoid the dealeesh3 if possible.

Thanks
Not so far...just sorta been putting up with it. About ready to give in and go to dealer though. Thinking of going to Lake Norman dealership to try them out even though further from where I live in the Matthews area. The dealership on Indep. Blvd. in that area is the one that has tried to screw me a couple times and during last visit the person that answered the phone wouldn’t even put me in touch with a service rep., but instead made their own judgment as to how long/how much my service would take and would not give me a loaner since I was only planning to do routine maintenance on this visIt (oil, filter, check stuff over) but I also wanted to have the door locks checked at least. Kinda pissed me off. If I do find someone reputable to do this I’ll def. post here.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:12 PM
NoPainNoglory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well....I finally gave in last week and paid the dealership over $1,800 to do the following:
  • Reg. Service (oil, filter, chk fluids...)
  • Replace front and rear brake rotors and pads
  • Replace driver door lock actuator (charge 2 hrs labor- supposedly $800 job by itself!!!)
ouch...that hurt.

I N-E-E-D a local (Charlotte, NC) Infiniti mechanic I can trust....ideas anyone??

Last edited by NoPainNoglory; 04-24-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Typo