MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Body Interior Exterior Lighting (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-314/)
-   -   Do Morimoto D2S bulbs work on G 2012 model without flicker? Please help? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/250781-do-morimoto-d2s-bulbs-work-on-g-2012-model-without-flicker-please-help.html)

teonguyen 09-08-2013 01:18 AM

Do Morimoto D2S bulbs work on G 2012 model without flicker? Please help?

I was looking at the D2S: Morimoto 5Five (50w) - HID Bulbs from The Retrofit Source Inc but dont know if these work on 2012 model without flickering issues.

I have tried variety aftermarket D2S bulbs and they dont work on my car. I had to switch on/off multiple times before they both stay on. I gave it to my friend 2008 model and they just light up without any problem.

I know that the new G 's ballasts dont like aftermarket bulbs and was wondering if anyone wit 2011 model + has used this Morimoto without any issues.

Thank you,

IsDatiT 09-08-2013 03:36 AM

No they don't, I can't believe they have a video showing they work on a GEN V ballast which is the same one our 2011+ headlights have but I bought a set and it doesn't work. Still flickers.

Your only options are OEM,OSRAM Cbi, or philips.

kyle_350z 02-19-2014 06:06 PM

Do morimoto d2s 35w bulbs work on 2008 models? They worked fine in my previous car, 350z with bi-xenon stock. Or should I just go for oem, osram, philips?

Diego@Vossen 02-19-2014 06:36 PM

I have had the OSRAM on my 2013 for over 1 year with no issues at all.

MJaga 02-19-2014 07:41 PM

Morimotos did not work on my 2010 sedan.

G37Xtreme 11-21-2014 12:47 PM

Anyone have experience with the newest generation of XB35 bulbs? They were release in mid/late 2014 and are not supposed to have issues with our cars.

Twista 11-21-2014 01:05 PM

Yea im. Currently using their newest version of the xb35 and they work fine. No flickering and Fire up the first time. Got these after I tried DD HID bulbs that did not work but trust me the new xb35 work without issue

G37Xtreme 11-21-2014 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Twista (Post 3847275)
Yea im. Currently using their newest version of the xb35 and they work fine. No flickering and Fire up the first time. Got these after I tried DD HID bulbs that did not work but trust me the new xb35 work without issue

I hope to have as few issues as you. I just ordered a set of the 4500K XB35.

I didn't realize they were in Atlanta. I should have them early next week.

monytx 11-22-2014 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme (Post 3847338)
I hope to have as few issues as you. I just ordered a set of the 4500K XB35.

I didn't realize they were in Atlanta. I should have them early next week.

Give us an update after install, I have morimotos on my 08 and have issues with the right passenger side-it doesn't ignite after the initial start up. I have to flip it off and back on for it to stay on.

Twista 11-22-2014 08:33 AM

Yea I ordered the 5500k xb35s and suprised At the fact that they are still more white than blue which is how I wanted. I did notice with these bulbs that I have a rainbow effect at the cut off which is a lot more noticeable than the stock bulbs and the DD bulbs I had. But light output is still awesome as they do overpower my xml2 led fog light bulbs which is said to put out about 1500 lumens. Looks way better than oem, although I'm pretty sure the oem had its lifespan ran up. Also the beam projects out to about 150 feet infront of me which is pretty awesome.

G37Xtreme 11-26-2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by monytx (Post 3847572)
Give us an update after install, I have morimotos on my 08 and have issues with the right passenger side-it doesn't ignite after the initial start up. I have to flip it off and back on for it to stay on.

They arrived today. Not enough daylight left today for an install. I'll either tackle it tomorrow or Friday. I also have all the front headlight assembly bulbs on order and new fog lights. Not sure if I want to wait for everything to arrive before I start the install.

Going to check out the DIY now and see what all is involved on the 2011 models. Knowing me, I'll probably put them in, and then open it back up when the other bulbs arrive. :p

G37Xtreme 11-27-2014 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme (Post 3849154)
They arrived today. Not enough daylight left today for an install. I'll either tackle it tomorrow or Friday. I also have all the front headlight assembly bulbs on order and new fog lights. Not sure if I want to wait for everything to arrive before I start the install.

Going to check out the DIY now and see what all is involved on the 2011 models. Knowing me, I'll probably put them in, and then open it back up when the other bulbs arrive. :p

I put these in today and did some Black Friday test driving. Wal-Mart was a mad-house, and Best Buy was swarming.

I took back roads to get a sense of how bright these bulbs are. Surely brighter than what I had in there. However, as a test, I turned them off and back on to get a sense of how much they light up the road.
After awhile, I wondered if both lights were working, and eventually came up on someone's bumper. I only saw 1 glare spot. I cycled them off and on again and both lit up. It's good brightness when that happens.
When I got home, I did the off-on test a few more times, and within 2 cycles, the same bulb (passenger side) would fail to come on. Another cycle turned it back on.

At this point, I'd say my car doesn't like these bulbs, especially the passenger ballast.
When people have trouble with aftermarket bulbs, is this how it goes down? They have always lit up just fine on the initial start, no flicker, no repeated on and off to make them work.
I plan to put the other bulbs in and do the same on-off test again, but I'll make sure they're heated up to recreate the environment.

G37Xtreme 11-29-2014 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by G37Xtreme (Post 3849525)
I put these in today and did some Black Friday test driving. Wal-Mart was a mad-house, and Best Buy was swarming.

I took back roads to get a sense of how bright these bulbs are. Surely brighter than what I had in there. However, as a test, I turned them off and back on to get a sense of how much they light up the road.
After awhile, I wondered if both lights were working, and eventually came up on someone's bumper. I only saw 1 glare spot. I cycled them off and on again and both lit up. It's good brightness when that happens.
When I got home, I did the off-on test a few more times, and within 2 cycles, the same bulb (passenger side) would fail to come on. Another cycle turned it back on.

At this point, I'd say my car doesn't like these bulbs, especially the passenger ballast.
When people have trouble with aftermarket bulbs, is this how it goes down? They have always lit up just fine on the initial start, no flicker, no repeated on and off to make them work.
I plan to put the other bulbs in and do the same on-off test again, but I'll make sure they're heated up to recreate the environment.

I'm still running the Morimoto bulbs. Last night, the passenger bulb turned on flawlessly again. I even turned the light off and on 15 times with no issues at all, so I started driving. I made several stops and no issues.

When I finally returned home, I turned my lights off and back on. The passenger bulb didn't turn back on. I repeated this like 10 times and it still didn't turn back on. Must be a heat thing...???

Twista 11-29-2014 02:37 PM

This is what happened when I used dd bulbs. Had to keep cycling them to get them to work. My xbs have worked flawlessly since day one and I've yet to have a problem with one not starting up. I would try switching the bulbs from driver to passenger and see if that works if not then maybe exchange for another pair. The new xb35s do work with our cars so you should be able to get this resolved.

monytx 11-29-2014 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twista (Post 3849934)
This is what happened when I used dd bulbs. Had to keep cycling them to get them to work. My xbs have worked flawlessly since day one and I've yet to have a problem with one not starting up. I would try switching the bulbs from driver to passenger and see if that works if not then maybe exchange for another pair. The new xb35s do work with our cars so you should be able to get this resolved.

What year is your g?