Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2010+ G sedan - "CMOD" mesh grille photos?

Old 11-14-2017, 07:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Sorry to see that, keep us posted on C-mods response.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:30 PM
Scarab Armor
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
I received an email from Cmod today. I hate typing, so I just copied and pasted the correspondence:

Cmod: "To install this grille probably, you have to tighten each bolts slowing, try tighten the middle one and slow tighten the corner ones, with little adjustment, it should fit fine. Also try to remove the mesh from the back of the grille and it will be more flexible for you to work on tightening the mounting tabs, we test fitted this grille and it should fit fine on the front bumper, but it may be a little tricky.
thanks."

Me: "I have tried removing the mesh and it does NOT resolve the fitment issues. As for tightening each bolt slowly, the fitment is so poor that the bolts can not reach the contact points/holes on the corners of the grille. As you can see in the pictures I provided, when the middle of the grille is flush with the front bumper in the center, the left and right corners do not fit properly. The corners are significantly out of place and it is impossible for the bolts to reach the grille at either corner.
As I stated in my previous email, I have purchased and installed two Cmods grilles in the past (one for a 2008 Nissan Altima sedan and the other for a 2011 Infiniti G37S coupe) and I did NOT have these fitment issue with either of them. I labored with my current grille for several hours before stopping due to fear of cracking the grille. It can only flex and bend so much before it begins to crack, and I did not want that to happen. This grille simply DOES NOT FIT. Please provide a more appropriate solution.
Thank you"

Cmod: "To resolve the issue, we can either send you a partial refund so you can have it professionally and custom installed at an auto body shop or you can return it for a refund."

Me: "How much will be refunded if I choose the partial refund option? Will Cmod pay for the return shipment, and will the $39.00 I paid for the initial shipping be refunded, if I choose to return this defective grille?
Thank you"

Cmod: "We can send you a partial refund of 20% of the total amount if you want to custom make the item to fit, if you want to return it for a full refund, you will have to pay for the shipping cost to return it."

If I return the grille for a refund, I will have paid for shipping (both ways), so all I'll have is shipping receipts and less money in my pocket. If I take the partial refund, I'll get some of my money back, but I will have a grille that may or may not be useable even after customization. Seems like the partial refund may be the way to go just so I can get something out of this fiasco other than shipping charges. Thoughts anyone???
Old 01-19-2018, 11:32 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 696 Likes on 499 Posts
Scarab Armor- that sucks about the fitment. What did you end up doing?

STownSaint- did you have similar fitment issues and what model Infiniti and position is your Fuji emblem from? When I follow your link it just says that the part is sold. I have an Infiniti store in my dealer group so I should be able to employee price that part. Any more details on how you attached the mesh or emblem?

I am thinking of doing a similar set up, but I need to figure out something for my Z1 intakes that would be pretty well exposed to rain without a shield. Z1 keeps telling me they are working on developing that part, but it has been over a year already and no signs of that part. Does anyone know if the Stillen guards will fit the Z1 intakes?
Old 01-19-2018, 02:41 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
I have one of these I made from an OEM grille if anyone is interested. Needs work. Blue Slate in color. $50.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by jfisher
I have one of these I made from an OEM grille if anyone is interested. Needs work. Blue Slate in color. $50.
You should put up pictures

I have my stillen CAI installed without the shield - Drove it in heavy rain multiple times and still all good.

I wouldn't recommend it but I think You'll be fine without the shield as long as your intakes are not submerged in water
Old 01-19-2018, 05:28 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

For a 2013 sedan? Pics?

Originally Posted by 2011-G
You should put up pictures

I have my stillen CAI installed without the shield - Drove it in heavy rain multiple times and still all good.

I wouldn't recommend it but I think You'll be fine without the shield as long as your intakes are not submerged in water
Knowing my luck I would be at a track day in a down pour. Bad, very bad news.
Old 01-21-2018, 06:53 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Old 01-21-2018, 11:54 AM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
For a 2013 sedan? Pics?

Knowing my luck I would be at a track day in a down pour. Bad, very bad news.

stillen shield stretches to rad support. So it should provide some protection. Look at images of where filters sit and decide if it' worth pursuing. The z1 filters are huge
Old 01-22-2018, 01:20 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

How did you have the mesh attached in the picture below?

What happened to the top here? Is the plastic actually dented or deformed or is there just paint missing?

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
stillen shield stretches to rad support. So it should provide some protection. Look at images of where filters sit and decide if it' worth pursuing. The z1 filters are huge
What do you mean it "stretches to rad support?" Do you mean the front of shield hits the radiator support? It looks like the Stillen filters have hardware mounted to them for the rain guard. I think I could just drill through the ends of my Z1 filters and probably make it fit or maybe get the stillen filters to mount up to my Z1 silicone pipes if I had to. I posted up pics of all this on my 4DRZ build thread if you want to continue this conversation there. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2018, 01:25 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Autocorrect. I meant attatches
Old 01-22-2018, 01:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Autocorrect. I meant attatches
Oh, that makes more sense. But are you sure it attaches to the radiator support? It sure looks like it bolts up to the hardware on the end of the filters.

Old 01-22-2018, 02:02 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

How did you have the mesh attached in the picture below?

What happened to the top here? Is the plastic actually dented or deformed or is there just paint missing?

What do you mean it "stretches to rad support?" Do you mean the front of shield hits the radiator support? It looks like the Stillen filters have hardware mounted to them for the rain guard. I think I could just drill through the ends of my Z1 filters and probably make it fit or maybe get the stillen filters to mount up to my Z1 silicone pipes if I had to. I posted up pics of all this on my 4DRZ build thread if you want to continue this conversation there. Thanks!
I used a plastic weld, I can't remember the specific name of it. That is actually that same plastic weld residue on the outer lip of the grille frame. There aren't any dents or deformations. It really didn't work out all that well though. Someone would need to come up with a better method to adhere the abs mesh to the back of the grille frame. Hence the $50 price tag.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

STownSaint- How did you attach the mesh to the grille surround?

I used a plastic weld, I can't remember the specific name of it. That is actually that same plastic weld residue on the outer lip of the grille frame. There aren't any dents or deformations. It really didn't work out all that well though. Someone would need to come up with a better method to adhere the abs mesh to the back of the grille frame. Hence the $50 price tag.
Those big globs of plastic weld are not in the pics of the grille installed on your car. Did you try to re-attach it and get it all over the place or what happened?

Do you have a picture from a slightly different angle? The third glob of plastic weld on the right looks like it has a big dent right above it. How hard is it to sand the plastic weld off?

Old 01-22-2018, 02:33 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

STownSaint- How did you attach the mesh to the grille surround?

Those big globs of plastic weld are not in the pics of the grille installed on your car. Did you try to re-attach it and get it all over the place or what happened?

Do you have a picture from a slightly different angle? The third glob of plastic weld on the right looks like it has a big dent right above it. How hard is it to sand the plastic weld off?

I have some additional pics in my FS ad. The plastic weld can definitely be sanded off. There's no dent, but I see what you're saying. It's just the angle that pic was taken. Or PM me your number and I can text you other pics from different angles I have on my phone. If you're looking for a grille project this is a good start because it's an OEM grille with the center trimmed out already. Grilles run a pretty penny nowadays.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:35 PM
jfisher
Registered Member

Oh, that makes more sense. But are you sure it attaches to the radiator support? It sure looks like it bolts up to the hardware on the end of the filters.

There is a bar that runs down the middle of the radiator support. It attaches to that. What you're not seeing is a chrome U shaped bracket that is included with the Stillen G3's. It's much more clear how it attaches once you see that.

Edit: It's that silver bracket on the very far right of the hardware.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010+ G sedan - "CMOD" mesh grille photos?