2010+ G sedan - "CMOD" mesh grille photos? - Page 4 - MyG37

Body Interior Exterior Lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010+ G sedan - "CMOD" mesh grille photos?

Old 11-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #46
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,318 Times in 3,672 Posts
Sorry to see that, keep us posted on C-mods response.
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:30 PM   #47
Scarab Armor

I received an email from Cmod today. I hate typing, so I just copied and pasted the correspondence:

Cmod: "To install this grille probably, you have to tighten each bolts slowing, try tighten the middle one and slow tighten the corner ones, with little adjustment, it should fit fine. Also try to remove the mesh from the back of the grille and it will be more flexible for you to work on tightening the mounting tabs, we test fitted this grille and it should fit fine on the front bumper, but it may be a little tricky.
thanks."

Me: "I have tried removing the mesh and it does NOT resolve the fitment issues. As for tightening each bolt slowly, the fitment is so poor that the bolts can not reach the contact points/holes on the corners of the grille. As you can see in the pictures I provided, when the middle of the grille is flush with the front bumper in the center, the left and right corners do not fit properly. The corners are significantly out of place and it is impossible for the bolts to reach the grille at either corner.
As I stated in my previous email, I have purchased and installed two Cmods grilles in the past (one for a 2008 Nissan Altima sedan and the other for a 2011 Infiniti G37S coupe) and I did NOT have these fitment issue with either of them. I labored with my current grille for several hours before stopping due to fear of cracking the grille. It can only flex and bend so much before it begins to crack, and I did not want that to happen. This grille simply DOES NOT FIT. Please provide a more appropriate solution.
Thank you"

Cmod: "To resolve the issue, we can either send you a partial refund so you can have it professionally and custom installed at an auto body shop or you can return it for a refund."

Me: "How much will be refunded if I choose the partial refund option? Will Cmod pay for the return shipment, and will the $39.00 I paid for the initial shipping be refunded, if I choose to return this defective grille?
Thank you"

Cmod: "We can send you a partial refund of 20% of the total amount if you want to custom make the item to fit, if you want to return it for a full refund, you will have to pay for the shipping cost to return it."

If I return the grille for a refund, I will have paid for shipping (both ways), so all I'll have is shipping receipts and less money in my pocket. If I take the partial refund, I'll get some of my money back, but I will have a grille that may or may not be useable even after customization. Seems like the partial refund may be the way to go just so I can get something out of this fiasco other than shipping charges. Thoughts anyone???
Scarab Armor is offline   Reply With Quote