Body Interior Exterior Lighting

"Stillen" Coupe Splitter Better Deal

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Micron

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
Please refrain from posting false information about our products.
But but but, it's the internet!

I love how people feel that they can say whatever they want on the internet without any repercussions, as if no laws apply whatsoever.

Your response was professional and clarified how and why your products differ from what the OP stated.

THAT is customer service!
Old 02-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
It seems lke Stillen came into this thread that was allegeing that their product (specifically the G37 front splitter) was outsourced and presented a video showing their molds and urethane manufacturing facility. Kyle also invited anyone who's interested to come and see for themselves that they are indeed produced in house.

If people choose to believe otherwise and that it's a blatant lie on their part after they directly refuted it, posted a video, and invited custmers to inspect for themselves, I dont know what more they can do. People will continue to believe whatever they choose to believe for whatever reasons they have regardless of what the truth actually is.
Youre absolutely right. People will believe whatever regardless of what the truth really is. And when you are a paying sponsor of the website, the Moderators will support you no matter how crappy the service you provide to the people.

I purchased the splitter from amazon just to show people who are interested. It is the same exact splitter made by Stillen. The only difference is that it is not painted. The bottom of the splitter shows the same stamped numbers as the "Stillen" splitter. My guess is that Street Scene makes the splitter and Stillen paints it. Or maybe the mold is shared between the two. Either way, if you want to paint or wrap the splitter, save yourself some trouble and money and get it from amazon.

Here are the pics:

Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 PM
ShyAznB8oi
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You sir is a genius! Mad props to you.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Modme
Youre absolutely right. People will believe whatever regardless of what the truth really is. And when you are a paying sponsor of the website, the Moderators will support you no matter how crappy the service you provide to the people.

I purchased the splitter from amazon just to show people who are interested. It is the same exact splitter made by Stillen. The only difference is that it is not painted. The bottom of the splitter shows the same stamped numbers as the "Stillen" splitter. My guess is that Street Scene makes the splitter and Stillen paints it. Or maybe the mold is shared between the two. Either way, if you want to paint or wrap the splitter, save yourself some trouble and money and get it from amazon.

Here are the pics:

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
My guess is that Street Scene makes the splitter and Stillen paints it.
Maybe Stillen makes the splitter, sells it to street scene without finishing it, so they can sell it for less??

Maybe some company made a "mother" mold from an existing Stillen splitter?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
BlueOut
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
show us the rest then
Old 02-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Maybe Stillen makes the splitter, sells it to street scene without finishing it, so they can sell it for less??

Maybe some company made a "mother" mold from an existing Stillen splitter?

Sure, that could be a possibility. I dont want to get into the argument who made what first. I know that Stillen works closely with street scene. If you google the two company addresses, they are practically next to each other. There is another forum where someone pointed out Street Scene shares a wall with Stillen and makes all the body parts for Stillen. I cannot verify the validity of the statement:

Street Scene shares a back wall with Stillens warehouse. Street Scene makes Stillen's body part products. Street Scene is one of my sponsors, and I am good friends with them. Either way, both of their products are nice and I would recommend them with a big thumbs up.
Source: Street Scene or Stillen for SS bumper

All I'm saying is it is the same splitter. If you love stillen for whatever reason, go ahead and spend the extra money and buy through them. If you dont like Stillen, like me, and want to save a few bucks, then buy through amazon.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BlueOut
show us the rest then

Old 02-21-2012, 09:01 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Street Scene is across the street from Stillen!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Street Scene is across the street from Stillen!!!!
maybe they're sneaking into each other's factories and swapping out products as a joke.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Micron

Sure, that could be a possibility. I dont want to get into the argument who made what first. I know that Stillen works closely with street scene. If you google the two company addresses, they are practically next to each other.

There is another forum where someone pointed out Street Scene shares a wall with Stillen and makes all the body parts for Stillen. I cannot verify the validity of the statement:

All I'm saying is it is the same splitter. If you love stillen for whatever reason, go ahead and spend the extra money and buy through them. If you dont like Stillen, like me, and want to save a few bucks, then buy through amazon.
So essentially, now that your argument has been whittled down, you're choosing to write it off as "possibilities" and conceding that you have no idea other than pure speculation and blind hatred... Especially considering that they're NOT the same splitter since one is ready to install and the other needs prepped and finished. Apples to oranges, regardless of who made it.

FWIW, Stillen could be subbing the manufacturing out to Street Scene and allowing them to sell an un-finished product at a cheaper price. It happens all the time in every other industry on this planet, and nobody has an issue...

Had you come into this thread offering an un-finished version for cheaper, so that the DIY crowd could finish them how they wanted, that would be one thing.

Thankfully, rather than dropping to the OPs (lack of) maturity, we've all learned exactly what the difference is between the two from Kyle... Making statements that could land you in court (which you obviously don't realize) and bashing a company (and essentially calling the mods/admins here corporate stooges) rather than maturely addressing your issues says far more about you than Stillen.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Modme
Registered Member

EDITED: Not here for an argument.

Last edited by Modme; 02-21-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Micron

Let me tell you something Mr. Mature Man, unlike you, I like to think critically and solve problems with creativity. I dont go around accepting whatever people tell me. How useful is a forum/website when every response to a question is "take it to the dealership", "that can only be done by the dealer", "no, it cannot be done".

Look at my threads. I wrote the DIY on turbo install, TPMS reset, helped many people resolve their issues. What have you done? You join a forum and bash on older members. Is that what you consider mature?

Without my "immaturity", would you even know about this screet scene splitter? Would Kyle have explained to everyone that they have the option to purchase an unpainted splitter for a cheaper price? You should definitely thank Kyle for that information.

I have no intent to start an argument with you. If this thread is not useful to you, please get out. Like I said, people like me who do not need the splitter painted can save $50 bucks. Otherwise, they can do whatever they want.
I'm not bashing by any means, but you're trying to polish a turd here... Your only intent in posting this thread was to bash Stillen and accuse them of duping folks. That's the long and short of it. Any benefit from this thread was not by your actions, and definitely not by your intent.

I'm sure your contributions to the community have helped folks, and without a doubt you have been registered here longer. But this thread and your reaction to everyone in it goes to show the measure of the man. Your response to me, especially in the attempt to "put me in my place" only further supports my statements.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Modme
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Micron
I'm not bashing by any means, but you're trying to polish a turd here... Your only intent in posting this thread was to bash Stillen and accuse them of duping folks. That's the long and short of it. Any benefit from this thread was not by your actions, and definitely not by your intent.

I'm sure your contributions to the community have helped folks, and without a doubt you have been registered here longer. But this thread and your reaction to everyone in it goes to show the measure of the man. Your response to me, especially in the attempt to "put me in my place" only further supports my statements.
You can interpret my posts in anyway you like, but you should not impose your interpretation as absolute fact. You do not know who I am and you have no way of knowing how I think.

Your actions are quite hypocritical; doing the same thing that you accuse me of. "Putting me in my place."

I'm editing and removing all the arguments with you, it's driving the thread off topic. If you want to pick a fight with me, you can PM me.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 AM
i heart ricers
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

so how did the install go?

any pics?

Quick Reply: "Stillen" Coupe Splitter Better Deal