MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Body Interior Exterior Lighting (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting-314/)
-   -   Question About Display Brightness (https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/224458-question-about-display-brightness.html)

fluxemag 07-26-2011 11:49 AM

Question About Display Brightness

I have a 2010 non-nav coupe. The LCD display screen has two primary brightness settings, max bright and less bright (I can also adjust anywhere in between). For some reason the setting for night time when the headlights turn on is max bright, and the setting for day time is the lower brightness setting. This makes no sense and seems backwards. I need it to be max bright in the daylight otherwise I can't see it. And I need it to automatically dim at night so I can see outside. These are the default changes that happen if I don't touch anything, so I always have to hit the brightness button after I start the car to get the opposite setting. Is mine broken?

bluecoupe 07-26-2011 08:16 PM

Press the "sun/moon" button the right side, this will change it from night to day mode.

htownboy 07-26-2011 11:44 PM

If you read the owners manual you will find all sorts of cool stuff.
Basically; Just press the brightness button then turn the big knob between all the nav buttons to adjust for daylight\night time, then hit that brightness again to toggle and adjust again. It's easy, just try it.

fluxemag 07-27-2011 11:32 AM

I guess you missed the point. I know how to change it, I just don't think that I should have to every time I use the car, because the default is the opposite of what it should be.

Try reading the whole post next time before you start running your mouth!

"so I always have to hit the brightness button after I start the car to get the opposite setting."

1BadAssG 07-27-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by fluxemag (Post 3191497)
I guess you missed the point. I know how to change it, I just don't think that I should have to every time I use the car, because the default is the opposite of what it should be.

"so I always have to hit the brightness button after I start the car to get the opposite setting."

woh you just earned the BAN badge my sir

Viper62382 07-27-2011 04:18 PM

Say goodbye to help from anyone else

htownboy 07-28-2011 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by fluxemag (Post 3191497)

Running my mouth... I wish you were here and told me that. Hey man, your the one who can't figure out how to easily work your freakin' brightness control. It changes when the lights go on or off and the control lets you toggle to the opposite or adjust each. What more could you want, mind control?
I've been here a very long time. Get off me:7:

voltic 07-28-2011 01:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 191374

Everyone calm the F down.

Start the car with the headlights off. Set the display to the proper brightness.
Turn the headlights on and let it change by itself. Set the display to the proper (dimmer) brightness.

Now to more important things... where the hell is my easy button?

GTLAW 07-28-2011 01:13 PM

Oh wow, this too funny. Don't ask for help if your going to act like baby about it!