Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Switchbacks on 2010 sedan(Video)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:38 PM
maxfinity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Switchbacks on 2010 sedan(Video)

Rushed Video made with my Cell Phone. Sorry about the Quality.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4afxT8NkdSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-28-2011, 10:44 PM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Your navi screen split with the mpg info's different than mine!...Hm
Anyways, thanks for the video man! I've always pondered getting switchbacks, but got annoyed with the whole resistor thing. How'd you get the fast blinking to spot? Resistors right? Install DIY?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM
eksigned

Anyways, thanks for the video man! I've always pondered getting switchbacks, but got annoyed with the whole resistor thing. How'd you get the fast blinking to spot? Resistors right? Install DIY?
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
eksigned

ah...now i get your forum id - maxima + infiniti lol
Old 04-29-2011, 02:20 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by eksigned
I changed the rear signals to LED bulbs as well so I can use the 3ohm resistors instead of the 6ohm. I placed the 3ohm resistor in the rear since its alot more space to work with making it much easier to connect the resistor. I 3ohm resistor on Both signals in the rear stops the Hyper Flash in the front and rear. I chose this method because its a real PITA trying to connect the resistors to the front wires.

Also... Whats the difference with the Navi Screen? I thought hey were all the same.

Originally Posted by eksigned
ah...now i get your forum id - maxima + infiniti lol
LOL... Yeah I couldn't think of any other user ID. I didnt realize "finity" was spelled incorrectly until it was too late.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 AM
MyocyteX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Props. This is so sick. I have never hear the term "switchback" but I get it. I want this mod. Its just bad *** and fun, I would be clicking the switchbacks alllll daaaay!

thanks for the vid!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The NAV screen can be adjusted to be split with whatever you want on each side, or just one thing, including just the NAV map on the entire screen.

Hit settings> navigation > map settings?, I can't remeber without doing it, but it gives you quit a few options, all the way to the 3d angle of birds eye. Check out your manual, or go through all those settings, you'll find it.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
the bubs? ;-P
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
mswistak14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
I changed the rear signals to LED bulbs as well so I can use the 3ohm resistors instead of the 6ohm. I placed the 3ohm resistor in the rear since its alot more space to work with making it much easier to connect the resistor. I 3ohm resistor on Both signals in the rear stops the Hyper Flash in the front and rear. I chose this method because its a real PITA trying to connect the resistors to the front wires.
I just did this similar setup and for some reason I couldn't get my passenger side to stop the hyper flash. I installed the resistor across the front driver side and it prevented the flash, but for some reason I couldnt get the resistor on the passenger side to stop it. So now I just have hyperflash. Any tips? I do not have any rear LED tail lights.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:12 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by mswistak14
I just did this similar setup and for some reason I couldn't get my passenger side to stop the hyper flash. I installed the resistor across the front driver side and it prevented the flash, but for some reason I couldnt get the resistor on the passenger side to stop it. So now I just have hyperflash. Any tips? I do not have any rear LED tail lights.
You just have to make sure the metal in the splice is touching the metal in the wire. Take some pliers and apply a little more pressure to get a better connection. I had the exact same issue when I tried to connect the resistors to the front.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
roots4x

You only need one set of resistors per side. The 3 ohm should be for when you have two LEDs and the 6 ohm should be for when you have one LED pe side. 3 ohm resistors draw more current than a 6ohm so it (3ohm) simulates having two bulbs.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 AM
MistAminER112
Premier Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for all the useful help! This thread has really helped out a ton!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 AM
ak47
Banned

damm ur mpg is great. i am getting 13 mpg
Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Rickyay

what bulbs are u using for ur fogs?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by Rickyay
what bulbs are u using for ur fogs?
The fogs are cheap ebay bulbs. I'll be upgrading them soon. Trying to find a reputable company with good long lasting bulbs.

Quick Reply: Switchbacks on 2010 sedan(Video)