Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help With Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Module

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 11:36 AM
hoyshnin
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Help With Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Module

I have a 2013 6MT IPL. My airbag light is blinking and I have a B1148 code which indicates a problem with the passenger curtain air bag. The FSM suggest checking connections and then to replace the air bag diagnosis sensor module. I’ve pulled it out and tried to find a replacement online. The module has a sticker with a number on it. Mine is 988203LW0A. I can’t find an exact match in stock anywhere online and I noticed that there are MANY different part numbers for this particular part for my make and model car. They all look identical except that there are 2 versions of the harness. A few quick questions:
  1. Why are there so many different part numbers? I can’t imagine the purpose of this.
  2. Why are there 2 versions of the harness?
  3. So long as the harness matches, will it work? Or do I need one that has the same part number as mine?

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2019, 01:35 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
The reason there are so many different part numbers is because there are several different variables for each car: trim, options/packages, drivetrain, chassis (coupe/ 'vert/sedan) etc.

Nissan's part number classification system is really simple. The first 5 digits refer to the actual type of part while the last 5 digits refer to the actual vehicle the part is intended for.

In your case: 98820 refers to the SRS Module while the 5LW0A refers to a 2013 G37 IPL.

Now, Nissan has a tendency to change, or supersede, part numbers from time to time to account for additional variants and, in some cases, improved quality parts. Thus your 98820 is now K8H20.

I found the module on discountinfinitiparts.com. Even from them it is not cheap at $785. SRS Module

Now, will other- similar- modules work? I do not know and will not venture to guess. Having personally experienced a airbag deployment face-to-face- LITERALLY- I understand the importance of them and won't half *** repair them should the need arise. You have to decide what you are comfortable with.

I also googled your original part number and came up with the following website that has your exact module though I make no claims as to the legitimacy of the site or if the part is available: Airbag Control Module especially since it is listed for a QX60.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck!
Alex