Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Anyone have access to the JDM Service Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:29 PM
mattisz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have access to the JDM Service Manual?

Kind of a long shot but I was wondering if anyone has access to the factory service manual for the Skyline V36 Sedan? More specifically I need the wiring diagram for the JDM spec power folding mirrors with the camera on the left side mirror.

As I'm sure you can imagine, I ordered the mirrors from Japan and I'm looking to install them. I understand it's not a direct swap and I'm willing to get my hands dirty with wiring through the doors and all that. I am also aware that I likely wont be able to get the camera to function but that's not why I ordered the mirrors. I have a really tight garage and want the power folding option so I don't need to run around my car and fold my mirrors in as I back into my spot.

The only person I've seen do this mod successfully on this forum was connoisseurr and he is no longer active so I figured I'd ask anyone still floating around.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:01 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
I would not imagine that the Sedan is going much different than the Coupe as far as the mirror wiring and switch are concerned. Only complication might be the mirror wiring connector being different (especially with the camera).

I would compare the two FSM's (three if you include the 'vert) and see if there are any differences. I bet not. Then you can compare the harness connectors. The hardest part is making sure the two crossover wires (driver -> pass) don't get mixed up (ask me how I know...).

It will be next to impossible to source a JDM FSM. If they are out there they are well hidden. It took me months to find a copy for the new Q60 (CV37)- and that is USDM only!

Good luck. If I can help in any way...
Alex

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 06-28-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You'll have to tap signal for reverse signal to trigger mirror to tilt down. Folding you can tap power for on off to make them fold