Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Just bought an s10e, is there a fix for galaxy devices?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 05:45 AM
FreightTrain
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Just bought an s10e, is there a fix for galaxy devices?

10' G37x sedan. Non nav/bose, usb port.

My iphone 6 has gone through hell in back over the past 4+ years, but it finally took it's last breath earlier today. My screen was already shattered, but my dumbass split coffee all over it. Yeah, 10miins later screen won't work at all, as anyone would expect.

Anyways, went out and bought a new phone today. Switched from apple to android, s10e. I've read threads on others having issues connecting to their car with galaxy phones, but I haven't came across a definitive solution. I know I can connect via bluetooth, but there has to be a sacrifice in quality between 10 years of tech over a wireless connection. Is there a way to connect our android/galaxy devices directly to the G radio like iphones do? I've tried adding songs to multiple libraries/folders and the car doesn't recognize anything is connected when hit the aux button. I just got this phone today, new, so if I can't find a decent solution I'm left raising hell over something they don't legally have to help me exchange lol. Any tried and true solutions to this issue?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:57 AM
jfridge92
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I've not personally used this before, as I just got a FM bluetooth adapter for my car. I've seen others use these with success on here though. The cable and companion app essentially help the car think your phone is an iphone, and integrate all the controls as such.

https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...converter.html
Old 03-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by jfridge92
I've not personally used this before, as I just got a FM bluetooth adapter for my car. I've seen others use these with success on here though. The cable and companion app essentially help the car think your phone is an iphone, and integrate all the controls as such.

https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...converter.html
yeah, i bought that ... and promptly returned it. audio was constantly cutting out, song info was messed up, and no album art.

i use the Jet Audio app for music with my Galaxy S8+ over Bluetooth. it has a 20-band EQ that when tweaked, really makes the crappy Bose system sound decent.
used to used an iPod direct to USB, but it sounded like *** no matter which crappy EQ preset i used. i can't believe Apple still won't give you an adjustable EQ. WTF!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...audio&hl=en_US

if you use a music streaming service for music, then disregard the above - i play music stored on my phone ....