Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help can’t play music on G37 ‘12

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 03:56 PM
DageeGrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can’t play music on G37 ‘12

hey guys,
how ya’ll doing? basically, I have a G37x 2012 and my car is not packed with nav (stupid for a ‘12 i know i bought it second hand. apparently it’s an extra and ON TOP of that i don’t have a digital clock on the screen -.-)

the main purpose of this post is; an issue with my aux cable (I connect my iphone 7 with an usb port to listen to spotify.) also, I plugged my phone in my cousins mercedes and the music plays.. but on my G it says ‘no song’.
FYI: it charges my phone..
FYI #2: i could listen with my usb port from my phone to my car. out of the blue, it stopped working.. but i can make phone calls and my car acts normal until i want to play some music. the song plays on my phone but somehow my car can’t recognize it. it’s hard to explain.

I switched my usb port (I made sure the spare one worked properly and it did), I deleted and reinstalled spotify, I disconnected my phone that was linked to my car; I tried everything.. now i’m out of ideas. I looked on youtube, but no luck. it seems like everyone that owns an infiniti had the same issue. if it’s possible, i don’t wish to buy an electronic gadget.

PS: maybe a fuse fried or my aux cord is broken (how? idk it makes no sense because I didn’t do anything differently)

please help me out. thanks in advance 😊

Last edited by DageeGrey; 12-10-2018 at 04:01 PM.