Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Tesla Style Screen Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 05:16 AM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can you split video and navigation on the screen? Meaning can the top be navigation and the bottom part be video or audio?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
mightymousehhd4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. Just do it the normal way and no issues.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:30 PM
ARogers502
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well guys I went back to factory. I couldn't stand it. Too many issues and not enough advantages to outweigh them. On top of that, terrible response times from customer service.

*Factory backup camera never worked with the unit and caused static through the speakers
*GPS never worked even with the Waze app downloaded and all updates completed.
*USB flash drive would only read half the time. I'd have to shut my car off and start it again to work sometimes
*If I was watching a movie and put the car in park the movie would shut off and the factory default video would start playing. I discovered that this was happening because of the car going into reverse on the way to park. The workaround was to put the car in neutral shut the car off and then put it in park so the movie would save the last spot.
*Torque app would not connect through bluetooth
*Clock kept changing from PM to AM
*Would never save default video player. I had to select it every time I started a movie or music video.
*Bluetooth phone calls. No one could hear me talk. Sometimes even if I yelled. I was cutting out a lot.

There were many more odd quirks about it but I can't remember them all. Point is...the only gain I made was the ability to play video but I lost a lot of other features. Wasn't worth it. I'm sending mine back. Customer service keeps sending me emails back to my inquiries asking me to call their number. I can never get anyone to pick up though. Weird as **** and pissed me off. I'm over it. I'm back to factory and happy again.
The following 2 users liked this post by ARogers502:
jpowersjr2 (04-08-2019), takemorepills (04-08-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 08:29 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by ARogers502
Well guys I went back to factory. I couldn't stand it. Too many issues and not enough advantages to outweigh them. On top of that, terrible response times from customer service.

*Factory backup camera never worked with the unit and caused static through the speakers
*GPS never worked even with the Waze app downloaded and all updates completed.
*USB flash drive would only read half the time. I'd have to shut my car off and start it again to work sometimes
*If I was watching a movie and put the car in park the movie would shut off and the factory default video would start playing. I discovered that this was happening because of the car going into reverse on the way to park. The workaround was to put the car in neutral shut the car off and then put it in park so the movie would save the last spot.
*Torque app would not connect through bluetooth
*Clock kept changing from PM to AM
*Would never save default video player. I had to select it every time I started a movie or music video.
*Bluetooth phone calls. No one could hear me talk. Sometimes even if I yelled. I was cutting out a lot.

There were many more odd quirks about it but I can't remember them all. Point is...the only gain I made was the ability to play video but I lost a lot of other features. Wasn't worth it. I'm sending mine back. Customer service keeps sending me emails back to my inquiries asking me to call their number. I can never get anyone to pick up though. Weird as **** and pissed me off. I'm over it. I'm back to factory and happy again.
Well that sounds like a disaster. I guess I will skip this mod.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:06 PM
F13SC
Registered Member

Received 214 Likes on 148 Posts
Got this made and installed on my Tesla screen

The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (04-24-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 11:58 AM
R1cky
Registered Member

Received 173 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Dat240zg
Excuse the glare. I did go in and change the camera settings to raise the brightness a bit.

Do you still have the OEM Comfort options? (steering wheel tilt, seat moves back when exiting the vehicle and etc)
Old 06-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Matthew Reimer
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You're showing these two plunged in.

When I plug my two in, my car locks down, I can't start it at all, and the cooling fans come on full blast. Here's what I have

Any ideas? Now I don't have climate controls but it seems like the climate control is keeping the temp around 74 in the cabin.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:02 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Has anyone who has these things installed have the TORQUE (or similar) app installed and, if so, does it work?

I ask only because I am in the process of building a harness for a side project (not this) that requires me to tap into both the CAN-BUS and AV COMM circuits and I am curious if this 3rd party piece of hardware (and app software) works as intended with the cars CAN systems.

Thanks, in advance!

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 06-16-2019 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:50 AM
Atowsley
Premier Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Has anybody successfully installed this on a 2013 sedan without major issues?
Old 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
deep0542
Registered Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Atowsley
Has anybody successfully installed this on a 2013 sedan without major issues?
Yeah, I installed successfully on a ‘13 G37xS Sedan. For the most part it was plug and play, however I did have to splice in a step down converter to get the OEM backup camera to work
Old 07-07-2019, 02:15 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
FYI I took advantage of the sale that Phoenix has going on and got the new 6 core processor screen. We will see how long it takes to get in. As soon as I get it though it's going back out to Mazterpiece Automotive to get wrapped in carbon fiber along with my other interior trim pieces.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Nmsurfer89
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you like the Tesla screen?So how do you like the screen so far I really w

So how do you like the screen so far I really want to order one, I want the WiFi feature and I want to be able to watch movies on there how do I know which one to get?
Just ordered my screen from Asvegen, I was thinking we should have a sticky thread for the new screen. Just drop features perks and things we could add.

Things we could add to the thread would be most of the stuff from the facebook group like changing the car displayed, adding car play, etc. Also how to wire the backup camera since it seems like that’s not ready.

Screen is plug and play for Non Navi right now if anyone wants one you can contact Asvegen on Alibaba.com and tell them you wanna pay $550 shipped like I did, they’ll accept. With the fees it’s around 570.
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-13-2019, 10:14 PM
CoolRunninJA
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nmsurfer89
So how do you like the screen so far I really want to order one, I want the WiFi feature and I want to be able to watch movies on there how do I know which one to get?

Just ordered my screen from Asvegen, I was thinking we should have a sticky thread for the new screen. Just drop features perks and things we could add.

Things we could add to the thread would be most of the stuff from the facebook group like changing the car displayed, adding car play, etc. Also how to wire the backup camera since it seems like that’s not ready.

Screen is plug and play for Non Navi right now if anyone wants one you can contact Asvegen on Alibaba.com and tell them you wanna pay $550 shipped like I did, they’ll accept. With the fees it’s around 570.
[/QUOTE]

which model did you get?
Old 07-23-2019, 12:37 AM
STREETTEC
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deep0542
Yeah, I installed successfully on a ‘13 G37xS Sedan. For the most part it was plug and play, however I did have to splice in a step down converter to get the OEM backup camera to work
What factory features do you have? Do you have Navigation, Bose, and Backup Camera?

I have a 2011 G37xS coupe with Navigation, Bose, and Backup Camera. I bought a step-down converter and just needing to know what wires splice into.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:53 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Installed my screen; https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post4250928
Post # 101

Quick Reply: Tesla Style Screen Thread