Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos
View Poll Results: Interested in Tesla style Phoenix head-unit
Yes
83.02%
No
16.98%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Phoenix (Tesla style radio)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 12:11 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by DaNello
Hey guys, I hope you're still around. Can someone confirm for the Bose systems with the Bose Amp, do these units send L/R signal to the Bose Amp same as the OEM AV Control Unit does? I see specs from many of these listing a 4 channel internal amp. I have Bose and just want this unit to send left/right audio to Bose Amp and Bose Amp still power all the speakers attached to it. Phoenix and others haven't been able to answer what I think is a simple question.
Not sure the year of your car but AFAIK the head unit sends two pair of balanced audio information back to the Bose amp. Left Front, Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear. The signals for the subwoofer are taken from the Bose amp and supplied directly to the dedicated Bose Subwoofer Amp. Sorry, can't comment on any aftermarket head unit replacements
Old 03-30-2022, 02:04 PM
DaNello
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Absinthe
Not sure the year of your car but AFAIK the head unit sends two pair of balanced audio information back to the Bose amp. Left Front, Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear. The signals for the subwoofer are taken from the Bose amp and supplied directly to the dedicated Bose Subwoofer Amp. Sorry, can't comment on any aftermarket head unit replacements
Yes, what I see in all Infiniti with Bose documentation is that the AV Control Unit has four output channels, Left and Right Front and Rear. The Front Left and Right are sent to Bose and the Rear Left and Right are terminated. I assume the Bose Amp takes the simple L/R stereo input and does its DSP, crossover, fade, etc. with that, within the amp, and with other user inputs sent by AV Control to the amp, for the amp to make those actual adjustments. I cannot tell if the AV Control outputs are powered/speaker level or line level. It would make sense if they are speaker level, as non-Bose diagrams show the AV's outs going straight to the speakers. I assume if the Tesla unit has to replicate the AV Control Unit's output at speaker level instead of line level, it would be more volatile or difficult to match, to get a good input to the Bose Amp. But it's beyond me at that point.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:18 PM
Longshot
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaNello
Hey guys, I hope you're still around. Can someone confirm for the Bose systems with the Bose Amp, do these units send L/R signal to the Bose Amp same as the OEM AV Control Unit does? I see specs from many of these listing a 4 channel internal amp. I have Bose and just want this unit to send left/right audio to Bose Amp and Bose Amp still power all the speakers attached to it. Phoenix and others haven't been able to answer what I think is a simple question.
Yes, the harness phoenix sent with the unit was very much plug and play and sent signal straight to the bose amp like the OEM. there was definitely an audio quality drop, but there are some settings that could be changed to bring it back to life a bit, the default audio fader setting in the hidden settings menu will make you think your head unit isn't working. I did add an aftermarket sub though to compensate - there is no dedicated woofer line though from the head unit