Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help How to upgrade 2013 G37 Premium (Bose) Audio

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 01:56 AM
DPGreen
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to upgrade 2013 G37 Premium (Bose) Audio

Greetings all.

I'd love to hear how you've upgraded your sound, & tips in general.

I am the happy new owner of a 2013 G37x, Sport w/ Premium package (indicated from what I've read - heated seats, Bose audio).

I've never had the money to be a true audiophile myself, but recognize high-end sound & love it.

My first experience w/ this system is that it is very good, but not great. I don't know the audio terminology, but does not sound as "crisp" , or maybe "clean" as I'd like - I'd say on the mid to bass end, particularly. Also, occasionally, I do wish I had a few more notches of volume. This all based on listening to a range of music; classical, EDM/club, variety of rock, bluegrass, etc.

My questions:
  1. What is the "low hanging fruit", to take the sound up one level?
    1. I'm hoping/thinking that an amplifier would help? That the "head unit" (correct term?) & the speakers are high quality, but maybe not driven w/ enough power?
  2. What would taking it up even a few more notches in quality look like?
  3. Just for fun, what if money were secondary, how great could the sound be, & how would you configure it, in an 2013 G37?
  4. For me to analyze, what music input would give the best, most consistent indicator of the system output?
    1. CD maybe?
    2. I recognize that different MP3 (etc) audio files have different levels of quality / sampling / attributes & so different songs played from the same iPhone through the same audio system would sound differently Any tips on how to control for that, in terms of analyzing the sound?
I'm planning on taking the car to a local high-end car audio shop & asking them the same questions - would love to have some ideas from fellow G37 owners before I go in there & risk getting bamboozled.

Thanks heaps in advance for sharing your knowledge & experience.

David

(Question for the host, I suppose - I did try to research this question prior to posting, but did not see how to Search within "Audio, Video & Electronics", & the general searches that came up were not fruitful.)