Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Air conditioning Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 08:22 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Air conditioning Question

Damn, I wish the car didn't have so many little electronic nannies. The other day I was putting in an address in my nav, moved from a stop and the screen won't let me put in the last bit of info. I was going less than 10 mph. But I hardly use nav anyway.

I also don't like that I can't change memory settings when moving. It is very easy to say move a mirror, hit the memory button and set it. It is the best way to know if you like the mirror setting.

But the air con is driving me a bit crazy, it has been very hot lately and on my old car, sometimes I would turn off the a/c and put it in re-circulation. When I try to do it on this car, it goes to outside air. I don't want hot outside air pouring in, just because I turned off the compressor. Is there any way to get it to go to re-circ when I turn off the compressor?
Old 07-12-2017, 09:50 AM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Push the recirc button manually? I don't think there is a setting (unless you have a dealer computer that connects directly to the BCM and ECU) that will allow you to automate that. I stopped turning ac off in my cars.. Used to "save" it and rarely use it, but now I'm in a "if it breaks I'll fix it" mode and just be comfortable at all times.
Sorry if this is not very helpful.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:58 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by ezbme
Damn, I wish the car didn't have so many little electronic nannies. The other day I was putting in an address in my nav, moved from a stop and the screen won't let me put in the last bit of info. I was going less than 10 mph. But I hardly use nav anyway.
Why didn't you pull over and stop?

Don't text and drive!

The reason the Nav system won't let you input info while moving is because people are too stupid to pay attention to driving and cause accidents and deaths.

Coming soon are detectors/warning devices to prevent leaving infants in rear facing car seats after so many infant deaths being left in hot cars.

Forty years ago people like you were complaining of having to fasten a seat belt.

Telcoman
Old 07-12-2017, 11:10 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

I fasten my seatbelt every time and people who can't pay attention to the children in their cars, shouldn't have any.

When I push the recirc button, the a/c comes on automatically. When I turn off the a/c, it goes out of recirc mode.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:37 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
When I push the recirc button, the a/c comes on automatically. When I turn off the a/c, it goes out of recirc mode.
Ohh.. Didn't realize that was a thing. Not sure if that's changeable though. I have the roof down most of the time so no point in recirculating without AC. haha
Old 07-14-2017, 09:09 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
hell, i'd just be happy with not having hot air wafting over my feet unless the AC is set to "freeze your *** off".

if i ever consider a Q60 RS, the first thing i will do is take it for a test drive on a summer day and see if hot air trickles out of the bottom vent - that will be a deal-breaker.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
ezbme
Registered Member

My AC works well, I don't pay much attention to my foot vents.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:27 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
My AC works well, I don't pay much attention to my foot vents.
i do - i hate hot sweaty feet.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
I fasten my seatbelt every time and people who can't pay attention to the children in their cars, shouldn't have any.

What year G is your car? This is standard operating procedure I my 2008. If you change the recirc to in-car only, the AC comes on. If you turn the AC off, you can select external air. I thin starting in 2010 this changed