Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Jarrett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

Hi there, have an issue with my new 2012 g37xs coupe. I'm the second owner of the car. The settings still have the last owners set up as home. I was trying to change that and some how set a route that went from the last owners home to my my house. And I can't remove the route. I went to Nissan becouse there is no Infiniti in my town. Some angry salesman with an attitude was told rudely infront of me to help me. Well he didn't know what he was doing. So now i'm looking at a service charge. What BS is that.
I'm on my phone now will send more details if needed to help me.
Thanks to all for any help.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:17 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Welcome to the world of infiniti.

1) Use a meaningful subject title; help doesn't say a whole lot. Most will skip over such a thread

2) Did you get an owner's manual? If not, you can locate it here
https://owners.infinitiusa.com/iowne...nualsAndGuides

Look for the navigation pdf.

I don't recall, but there might be a setting somewhere in system which will reset all settings to factory default. Might not be a bad idea to use that.

I suppose for those selling cars with navi, it would be prudent to remove your own information from it before the sale.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:20 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Jarrett
Hi there, have an issue with my new 2012 g37xs coupe. I'm the second owner of the car. The settings still have the last owners set up as home. I was trying to change that and some how set a route that went from the last owners home to my my house. And I can't remove the route. I went to Nissan becouse there is no Infiniti in my town. Some angry salesman with an attitude was told rudely infront of me to help me. Well he didn't know what he was doing. So now i'm looking at a service charge. What BS is that.
I'm on my phone now will send more details if needed to help me.
Thanks to all for any help.
Did you ever read the owners manual?

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/conte...ion-manual.pdf

See page 4-22

Telcoman
Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
you may also want to check that his phone#'s and Bluetooth pairings are still in there, since he didn't bother to remove the Home setting.

also, RTFM.