Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

KP technologies module blowing fuses

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
HotSawce
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
KP technologies module blowing fuses

So I've recently attempted to install my Mirror tilt module from kp technologies. It has 8 wires. Constant 12V, ignition 12V, reverse 12V, ground, and 4 wires for mirror inputs and outputs. There is a fuse in-line with the module's constant 12v wire.

For some reason, after connecting all of the wires to their respective, proper locations, and then reconnecting the battery, the fuse on the module blows. I've tried 3 different grounds with 3 different fuses and it continues to happen. The constant 12v source I used is the one recommended by them, for our cars. It is found in the BCM.

Can someone explain why this happening and how to fix it?
Old 05-24-2017, 02:01 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
I would contact KP and browse through their forums.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:17 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts
What Amp rating is the fuse? They sent me the Independent Foglight module with a 2 or 3A fuse that kept blowing. I upped it to a 5A fuse and it has been fine ever since. Just remember to make sure your wiring can handle the additional amps and try to keep the rating as low as possible without blowing.
Run this all by Kevin before you implement. He may have additional advice.