Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 AM
mitcherapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2009 g37 with Nav. Is V1 the only option I have? When will there be V2 support for 2009 g37s? Is better hardware/speed the main difference between the 2 versions?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:44 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by mitcherapp
I have a 2009 g37 with Nav. Is V1 the only option I have? When will there be V2 support for 2009 g37s? Is better hardware/speed the main difference between the 2 versions?
As of now VLine VL1 is only the option for 2009 g37 with NAV. Note that it is currently on sale, and can ship immediately:

https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl1-nis8.html

The difference between VLine VL11 and VLine VL2 is in the hardware, correct.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:17 PM
goutham551
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello Gromaudio,

Is this available for 2013 Infiniti G37x sedan non-nav?

Thanks
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by goutham551
Hello Gromaudio,

Is this available for 2013 Infiniti G37x sedan non-nav?

Thanks
As of now VLine is only available for the systems with Navigation. We are working to support non-navigational stereos. Please sign up for the notifications at bit.ly/vline_interest

Thank you.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:31 AM
lazyme

I'm in the Bay Area but have a G37 2009 without Nav. Would you have a product to beta test on non-nav models too? I live close to Belmont.

Last edited by lazyme; 06-19-2018 at 03:39 AM.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:52 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by lazyme
I'm in the Bay Area but have a G37 2009 without Nav. Would you have a product to beta test on non-nav models too? I live close to Belmont.
Great, yes we do have a product waiting for beta tester. Please contact us:
https://gromaudio.com/vline/beta/nissan_vline_beta.html
Thank you !
Old 06-26-2018, 08:53 AM
SelbyL

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Great, yes we do have a product waiting for beta tester. Please contact us:
https://gromaudio.com/vline/beta/nissan_vline_beta.html
Thank you !

Any idea on what the price will be for the Non-Nav? Will a touchscreen be added to the system? I'm really excited to see this product come out, the only thing I like about my wife's new car is the Android Auto features.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:34 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by SelbyL
Any idea on what the price will be for the Non-Nav? Will a touchscreen be added to the system? I'm really excited to see this product come out, the only thing I like about my wife's new car is the Android Auto features.
The price is the same as for all other units we have: $599
Touch screen add on will be a part of the package.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:56 PM
SelbyL

Originally Posted by gromaudio
The price is the same as for all other units we have: $599
Touch screen add on will be a part of the package.
That's awesome, I'm looking forward to this product. I don't live in the area sadly so I can't take part in your Beta program. But I'm really looking forward to the preorder for this product!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got my new Vline 2 today I will be installing it tonight and writing a review afterward.

This is replacing my Vline 1 for my 2010 G37 with Nav.

Review: 6/29/18

WOW, that's all I can say I think Grom finally did it.

The speed difference is nite and day, apps are ultra responsive and navigation is quick.

I tether to my phone and the tethering process is way quicker.

There are still some bugs and quirky behavior but all in all its great.

I primarily use Apple Carplay and this is the biggest improvement, like many of you I cant use my iPhone through Bluetooth in the G37, music gets garbled along with phone calls where no one can hear me, I have been on every Apple forum and this forum and have done every update and trick to no avail. When using Carplay with the Vline1 it would not have an issue with garbled calls or any music streaming issues but the person I called always said it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel and their voice volume would be really low. Now with the Vline2, the calls are so clear that they are better than using my phone directly, the only issues is maybe a 1/2 second delay I noticed it when there is a pause in the conversation the caller or myself start to talk over each other if we both start speaking at the same time not realizing the other person started talking. When on conference calls this is not much of an issue and the call quality is amazing.

Another issue I am having while using Carplay is when I reply to a text or create one Siri will say Go ahead or I'm listening and this gets picked up by the mic and is inserted into my text message, this didn't happen with the Vline1.

I have had some issues that I emailed Grom about such as track skipping this is through Carplay and the Vine itself.

I would like to see better control of the Dashlinq software such as button mapping and cursor control from the directional ****.

The built-in apps such as Spotify need a lot of work they are hard to control and feel clunky I ended up installing the Spotify Andriod app but that doesn't integrate with the Vline system as well when it comes to layout and voice navigation.

Well, that what I tested, for now, I hope this helps if people are on the fence about buying a Vline2.

Last edited by enigmacarpc; 06-29-2018 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Update
The following users liked this post:
knyghtfire (11-09-2018)
Old 06-30-2018, 11:55 AM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmacarpc
I just got my new Vline 2 today I will be installing it tonight and writing a review afterward.

So... Did you change out the cables, because I specifically asked Grom if the cables are 100% compatible, and when I insert the V2, none of the buttons on my dash work - AT ALL - including the climate, power button, etc. When I swap back in the V1, everything works fine...

All other features of the V2 appear to work, I've installed some apps, and I've been tinkering, but without the hardware buttons, and the fact that it kills my climate control, I may be finally completely done with these guys...
Old 07-01-2018, 02:20 PM
jdjurado
Registered Member

Originally Posted by enigmacarpc

Review: 6/29/18

WOW, that's all I can say I think Grom finally did it.

The speed difference is nite and day, apps are ultra responsive and navigation is quick.

I tether to my phone and the tethering process is way quicker.

There are still some bugs and quirky behavior but all in all its great.

I primarily use Apple Carplay and this is the biggest improvement, like many of you I cant use my iPhone through Bluetooth in the G37, music gets garbled along with phone calls where no one can hear me, I have been on every Apple forum and this forum and have done every update and trick to no avail. When using Carplay with the Vline1 it would not have an issue with garbled calls or any music streaming issues but the person I called always said it sounded like I was in a wind tunnel and their voice volume would be really low. Now with the Vline2, the calls are so clear that they are better than using my phone directly, the only issues is maybe a 1/2 second delay I noticed it when there is a pause in the conversation the caller or myself start to talk over each other if we both start speaking at the same time not realizing the other person started talking. When on conference calls this is not much of an issue and the call quality is amazing.

Another issue I am having while using Carplay is when I reply to a text or create one Siri will say Go ahead or I'm listening and this gets picked up by the mic and is inserted into my text message, this didn't happen with the Vline1.

I have had some issues that I emailed Grom about such as track skipping this is through Carplay and the Vine itself.

I would like to see better control of the Dashlinq software such as button mapping and cursor control from the directional ****.

The built-in apps such as Spotify need a lot of work they are hard to control and feel clunky I ended up installing the Spotify Andriod app but that doesn't integrate with the Vline system as well when it comes to layout and voice navigation.

Well, that what I tested, for now, I hope this helps if people are on the fence about buying a Vline2.
I just installed my VL2 but the CarPlay plugin appears to be inactive. Is there a trick to enabling it??
Old 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM
JSylvia007

Originally Posted by jdjurado
I just installed my VL2 but the CarPlay plugin appears to be inactive. Is there a trick to enabling it??
Did you originally have a V1? If so, did you swap the cables or just the V2 Unit?
Old 07-01-2018, 02:29 PM
jdjurado
Registered Member

No I never got the V1, so mine was a clean V2 install from scratch. Any ideas on CarPlay? All I get is "Activate CarPlay UI (Inactive)"
Old 07-01-2018, 02:30 PM
JSylvia007

Originally Posted by jdjurado
No I never got the V1, so mine was a clean V2 install from scratch. Any ideas on CarPlay? All I get is "Activate CarPlay UI (Inactive)"
Damn! Thanks for the info.

@gromaudio - Any assistance here?

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience