Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 01:31 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmacarpc
I had the same issue.

It because the airbag sensor needs to be reset try this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83lPLM9MgDA
Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! Thanks so much! That solves the airbag problem. I think the TPMS issue is an actual issue lol. Gonna swing that by the dealer soon.
The following users liked this post:
steelercmc (07-31-2019)
Old 03-05-2018, 08:10 AM
JSylvia007

My experiences are still positive. I feel that it adds so much to the dash and now I no longer have the phone occupied in navigation mode.

Two questions... When is the next Android version planned (and what version is planned)? Is there any way to change the volume muting length? Right now, when anything interrupts the audio, it stays at a low volume significantly longer than it needs to, which is annoying in high-direction-change areas using Nav.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:56 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
JSylvia, what are you doing for data? USB tethering?
Old 03-05-2018, 10:20 AM
JSylvia007

I'm using WiFi hotspot on my cell. My plan forward is to look at a standalone hot spot in the car, but I'm open to other suggestions if there's a way. Ideally I'd like a USB LTE connection right into the device.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:05 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JSylvia007
My experiences are still positive. I feel that it adds so much to the dash and now I no longer have the phone occupied in navigation mode.

Two questions... When is the next Android version planned (and what version is planned)? Is there any way to change the volume muting length? Right now, when anything interrupts the audio, it stays at a low volume significantly longer than it needs to, which is annoying in high-direction-change areas using Nav.
We plan on releasing 7.1 update after extensive testing around mid April. We will have T-Mobile modem supported pretty soon via USB. Will announce shortly.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:33 PM
JSylvia007

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We plan on releasing 7.1 update after extensive testing around mid April. We will have T-Mobile modem supported pretty soon via USB. Will announce shortly.
I would like to officially volunteer as an alpha / beta tester.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:06 PM
chubbzg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
will the april release be only for nav models only ,or might the non nav g models be getting this also ? From my undertsaunder this is only avaualble for the g37 models with nav correct?
Old 03-06-2018, 08:57 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by chubbzg37
will the april release be only for nav models only ,or might the non nav g models be getting this also ? From my undertsaunder this is only avaualble for the g37 models with nav correct?
Non navi cars (2009-2017) will be supported in late April.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Question

Hello,

I am interested in your product for my car, a G37 Convertible that was bought in June 2010 in France. I have a few questions :

- Do you ship your product to France, and if so, how much do you charge for shipping and delivery, and how long will delivery take (approximately) ?

- I bought the car in 2010 but, since Infiniti France makes changes to the cars before selling them, it might have initially been manufactured in 2009. Is there any way for me to find this out, and can I safely buy your newer "V9" product ? (edit : should it matter, every French G37 has navigation stereo.)

- Can the language be changed from English to French in the Android system, in Google's Play Store and in your custom apps ?

- Your system apparently uses the AUX port. When I plug anything in this port, my car needs to be stopped and the handbrake (footbrake, actually) must be activated to get anything displayed on the OEM screen. Will I have the same issue with your product ?

- Does your USB modem work with foreign mobile companies ?

- Instead of using your mini bluetooth keyboard, can I use my Android phone with a bluetooth keyboard app ?

- Do you plan to release an updated device with stronger components in the future ? Maybe with a higher-resolution screen to replace the OEM one ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Last edited by Kaighal; 03-07-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:45 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kaighal
Hello,

I am interested in your product for my car, a G37 Convertible that was bought in June 2010 in France. I have a few questions :

- Do you ship your product to France, and if so, how much do you charge for shipping and delivery, and how long will delivery take (approximately) ?

- I bought the car in 2010 but, since Infiniti France makes changes to the cars before selling them, it might have initially been manufactured in 2009. Is there any way for me to find this out, and can I safely buy your newer "V9" product ? (edit : should it matter, every French G37 has navigation stereo.)

- Can the language be changed from English to French in the Android system, in Google's Play Store and in your custom apps ?

- Your system apparently uses the AUX port. When I plug anything in this port, my car needs to be stopped and the handbrake (footbrake, actually) must be activated to get anything displayed on the OEM screen. Will I have the same issue with your product ?

- Does your USB modem work with foreign mobile companies ?

- Instead of using your mini bluetooth keyboard, can I use my Android phone with a bluetooth keyboard app ?

- Do you plan to release an updated device with stronger components in the future ? Maybe with a higher-resolution screen to replace the OEM one ?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Hello, thank you for your interest.
- Yes we ship to France, the shipping cost is available here:
https://gromaudio.com/store/shipping.html
scroll down to the Worldwide Shipping
The delivery will take 3-5 days, we use FedEx. Please note that there will be VAT tax added when the product will be clearing the customs.

- To ensure compatibility with your systems (specially since it is overseas) we would ask you to send us the photos of your stereo, front and possibly back.

- yes the language can be change to French;

- no you will not have the same issue when pressing AUX with GROM VLine, the screen will be available and active while driving;

- per modem - no, this is for US market only. Please check with your local cellular data providers regarding to the plan for internet only. They might also offer the modems for it.

- yes you can use Android phone with keyboard app instead of using our keyboard. You can connect any keyboard pretty much;

- yes we plan to release next version, VLine 2, with stronger components. No screen replacements alternatives yet, but we are looking into it as well. Stay tuned.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:30 AM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Thank you for all the answers

I also contacted your company through the support page of your website and have been asked for pictures there. I can post them here as well if that's helpful for anyone else ?

Do you have any vague estimate about when VLine 2 could be released ? Maybe alongside the Android 7.1 update, or do you think it will happen a lot later ?
Old 03-09-2018, 09:42 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Hopefully V2 will allow screen mirroring. Actually, you could scrap all the other software/features and just enable screen mirroring
Old 03-09-2018, 01:19 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by future62
Hopefully V2 will allow screen mirroring. Actually, you could scrap all the other software/features and just enable screen mirroring
You can get it now from some Chinese companies. There is no need in full blown Android for simple screen mirroring. Just note that using your phone while driving is illegal in US. We strive to provide OEM experience that enhance the driving habits.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:21 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kaighal
Thank you for all the answers

I also contacted your company through the support page of your website and have been asked for pictures there. I can post them here as well if that's helpful for anyone else ?

Do you have any vague estimate about when VLine 2 could be released ? Maybe alongside the Android 7.1 update, or do you think it will happen a lot later ?
VL2 is due in 6-8 weeks. We will send presale invitation next Tuesday. It will be 7.1 already. Make sure to sign up to our newsletter.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:33 PM
gatorglaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a couple questions that I either missed or didnt see in this thread:

1. The VLine kit comes with a microphone, but my car has a microphone built in. Do I still have to install your microphone into my car? Was the factory mic in signal unable to be hijacked by the VL1?

2. Does it matter if my car comes with factory Bose? i didnt see any mention of that.

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience