Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 04:57 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by infinistic
Is the Gen 8 compatible with 2013 G series?
Gen 8 is compatible with the following stereos:
Infiniti EX35 NAV 2008-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti FX35/45/50 NAV 2009-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti G35/35S Coupe 2008-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti G35/35S Sedan 2007-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti G37/37S 2008-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti G Convertible 2009-2009 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti M35/M45 2008-2010 (NAV stereo)
Infiniti QX56 2008-2010 (NAV stereo)
https://gromaudio.com/store/vline/grom-vl1-nis8.html

Gen 9 will be compatible with the newer stereos. We have not finalized the compatibility list yet, but as soon as it is finalized - we will have it posted here.

Thank you for your interest in GROM VLine!
Make sure to sign up to receive our release announces: bit.ly/nissan_vline

Thank you!
Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by infinistic
Is the Gen 8 compatible with 2013 G series?
No, it looks like it only goes up to 09. But I imagine they will have things ready soon. Definitely watching this thread.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 AM
shakysco

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
oh will be following this thread as currently have a 2007 V36 (g37) 370gt skyline coupe (with NAV) on route from Japan to Scotland, Hoping this system will work over in Scotland too..
Old 10-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Quiver
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This looks amazing. Added to my wishlist.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:13 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Quiver
This looks amazing. Added to my wishlist.
With the amount of time, this model is taking you will have to keep wishing. LOL
Old 10-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Quiver
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmacarpc
With the amount of time, this model is taking you will have to keep wishing. LOL
The gen 8 works with mine haha so I could buy it now if I wanted. The problem is that I don't have $500 to drop on it right now lol.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Interested. I have a 2013. let me know if you need beta testers.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:11 PM
inkognito
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Any idea when/if it will be available for non-nav models?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:09 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Grom, I don’t know how business is run in the car audio world but in all other businesses communication is a key to success and your company has almost none. I have been replying to this thread since you started it and I have been in touch with customer service on the regular always asking for products updates since you first mentioned having a unit for G37s , I purchased the last unit that was released because your purchase system put no stop flags when I chose my car year as 2010 it let me buy it even though it won’t work with my system, I fortunately found that out from this forum so I had my order canceled. I was then told August would be when preorders would be taken for the unit that works with 2010 and up I called regularly to be told they weren’t sure at this point when it would be released as there was a harness issue. They also informed me to subscribe to email for company news to get updates on products instead of calling or chatting but I have never received any updates via email, there have been little updates from you on the forum other then it’s coming soon and the people of this forum are just left with the exciting idea of a add on computer unit for 2010 and up but no unit. Also those that have purchased the older model seem to be facing communication issues of their own when having issues with the unit and seem to have to use the forum to get a proper response or fix. Please stop leaving us in the dark and let us know the status we are all grownups and can handle bad news, production issues and delays but not silence.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Gen9 modules are passing final testing and should be ready in 3 weeks as most of the cables are here. There will be separate email to everybody in our list when the unit either shipping or available for ordering. Our apologies for delay.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:04 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gromaudio
Gen9 modules are passing final testing and should be ready in 3 weeks as most of the cables are here. There will be separate email to everybody in our list when the unit either shipping or available for ordering. Our apologies for delay.
Thanks for the update, the 3 weeks is until preorder or when the units will ship us?
Old 10-26-2017, 02:44 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Thanks for the update, the 3 weeks is until preorder or when the units will ship us?
What's up with the attitude? Have you given them money or something for this? I just have to ask because you come across as entitled to something that I do not think you should be entitled too. Company's hype products all the time that they are working on, but things happen. I can think of at least three video games by big time company's that have been "coming out" for over 5 years now. Video games are one of the largest forms of sold entertainment currently. I super niche unit for a small market luxury car that is honestly at this point coming up on it's 10th birthday for the platform isn't something you should be getting all up in arms about because they didn't respond in a timely manner. I get it, it's a cool device, but not the best way to get a favorable response.

That said, Grom has gone out of their way with me to resolve any issues I have had with their equipment and have even followed up to make sure things were well.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:53 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

We do appreciate your interest in VLine technology, and we are working on getting the product released as soon as possible (it is in our bets interest as well

Three weeks is until the presale starts, and then another 3 to ship. So we are looking at about 1.5-2 month. We will plan to fulfill the pre-sales before Christmas, and will do our best to be on time.

If you do not receive our newsletter, please check your spam folder. We usually email once a month. Please add newsletter @gromaudio.com to your same mailing list.

In addition, just for fun - enter to win $25 Amazon gift card. Tell us what music app do you use the most while driving. Here is the link for more info regarding to our giveaway:
https://gromaudio.com/giveaway/music...017/index.html

Thank you, and drive happy!
Old 11-27-2017, 10:44 AM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We do appreciate your interest in VLine technology, and we are working on getting the product released as soon as possible (it is in our bets interest as well

Three weeks is until the presale starts, and then another 3 to ship. So we are looking at about 1.5-2 month. We will plan to fulfill the pre-sales before Christmas, and will do our best to be on time.

If you do not receive our newsletter, please check your spam folder. We usually email once a month. Please add newsletter @gromaudio.com to your same mailing list.

In addition, just for fun - enter to win $25 Amazon gift card. Tell us what music app do you use the most while driving. Here is the link for more info regarding to our giveaway:
https://gromaudio.com/giveaway/music...017/index.html

Thank you, and drive happy!

Hello, Grom any updates on the presale its been a month since the last update, I contacted support but they had no updates?

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2017, 04:29 PM
Superjay

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Grom, I don’t know how business is run in the car audio world but in all other businesses communication is a key to success and your company has almost none. I have been replying to this thread since you started it and I have been in touch with customer service on the regular always asking for products updates since you first mentioned having a unit for G37s , I purchased the last unit that was released because your purchase system put no stop flags when I chose my car year as 2010 it let me buy it even though it won’t work with my system, I fortunately found that out from this forum so I had my order canceled. I was then told August would be when preorders would be taken for the unit that works with 2010 and up I called regularly to be told they weren’t sure at this point when it would be released as there was a harness issue. They also informed me to subscribe to email for company news to get updates on products instead of calling or chatting but I have never received any updates via email, there have been little updates from you on the forum other then it’s coming soon and the people of this forum are just left with the exciting idea of a add on computer unit for 2010 and up but no unit. Also those that have purchased the older model seem to be facing communication issues of their own when having issues with the unit and seem to have to use the forum to get a proper response or fix. Please stop leaving us in the dark and let us know the status we are all grownups and can handle bad news, production issues and delays but not silence.
I've been in car audio for 27 years. What we've found is that honest communication leads to people being pissed off that things weren't released 6 weeks early, so we make announcements when we know we're going to send something to production with a vague release date, then another announcement when product has passed QC, is in the container, and on the water to the US. Even then product is usually a couple weeks late. This is not generally the preferred method, but it is industry standard.

Because most of what we do in car audio (this is actually integration, and is considerably more difficult) is reverse engineering, we have to test, retest, re-engineer, retest again, pre-production, retest, back to engineering, on and on like this, it can be quite difficult to hit a deadline. Integration companies need the product to be correct the first time, or another company will release a good product based on your mistakes, and you lose the whole category. I'd rather they push release than send bad product.

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience