For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience - Page 21 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 PM
can37

Audible is probably app I would use most. I used to listen to a lot of audiobooks during my commute.

Other than that, I mainly use Spotify, which works inconsistently through DashLinq. The two issues I have there are:
  1. Steering wheel controls eventually stop working until the phone is rebooted (app restart may work too, but haven't tried)
  2. Ocasionally tracks will not play. Name will display on both phone and in car, but the time is stuck at 0:00. Pressing the "Play/pause" button will toggle the icon, the time doesn't actually count up. When this happens, I can change tracks, but they all get stuck at 0:00. Rebooting the phone also seems to fix it.
With the above issues, I think restarting the app may also fix it, but it's easier to get the phone restarted while on the road, than it is trying to fiddle with the touch screen.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:57 AM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by can37 View Post
Audible is probably app I would use most. I used to listen to a lot of audiobooks during my commute.
Other than that, I mainly use Spotify, which works inconsistently through DashLinq. The two issues I have there are:
  1. Steering wheel controls eventually stop working until the phone is rebooted (app restart may work too, but haven't tried)
  2. Ocasionally tracks will not play. Name will display on both phone and in car, but the time is stuck at 0:00. Pressing the "Play/pause" button will toggle the icon, the time doesn't actually count up. When this happens, I can change tracks, but they all get stuck at 0:00. Rebooting the phone also seems to fix it.
With the above issues, I think restarting the app may also fix it, but it's easier to get the phone restarted while on the road, than it is trying to fiddle with the touch screen.
Make sure to update to the latest Dashlinq. These issues should be fixed already. Also I suggest disable USB Streaming (Dashlinq Settings->Disable USB Streaming). If you still see issues, send us quick support request via web form:
https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.