Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:47 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JSylvia007
Since public shaming seems to be the only way to get a response once the company goes dark...

I have now been without a functioning unit since 04-AUG. That's over a MONTH.

I feel like your organization is slipping back into it's old habbits of not communicating with customers.

I haven't heard anything since 04-SEP.
Apologize for the delay addressing the issue that you experience. As you can see we are still out of stock, this is also reflected in our web store. However the good news is that the new units are manufactured already, and will be available to ship out in 1-2 days. Please expect to receive the replacement in a few days.
Thank you for your patience, and sorry for the delay.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:53 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
One last question; With the USB2 sand micro SD slot, cam a ton of music be loaded onto a thumb drive or SD card and played thru the line?
Old 09-18-2018, 01:28 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by RANDY350Z
One last question; With the USB2 sand micro SD slot, cam a ton of music be loaded onto a thumb drive or SD card and played thru the line?
Yes, you can do that. Our recommendation is to always organize your music on USB stick/SD card to the playlists/folders for easier browsing and accessibility.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 PM
OnlyNismo
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some more additional feedback I want to add after a few more weeks of usage. I realized that I can download Google Maps and Spotify playlists offline. So now if I don't want to tether my phone to the VLINE, I can still use these functions. I'm still impressed by the VLINE and would recommended it for the upgraded tech in our cars.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:09 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey @GromAudio... What are the chances we could convince you to perhaps produce a higher resolution screen? You're already doing all the video re-processing...

I'd gladly pay a premium for a higher resolution screen.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:57 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Hey @GromAudio... What are the chances we could convince you to perhaps produce a higher resolution screen? You're already doing all the video re-processing...

I'd gladly pay a premium for a higher resolution screen.
Sorry, we did not have plans yet.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Deth23
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gromaudio, any update on android 8.1? How's beta testing going, and how long with the beta test run?
Old 10-05-2018, 11:13 AM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gromaudio
Sorry, we did not have plans yet.
Would you be willing to entertain the idea if we started a poll to see who would be willing to pay for the idea?
Old 10-08-2018, 02:54 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Would you be willing to entertain the idea if we started a poll to see who would be willing to pay for the idea?
This is very expensive project to start with. We can check on that in couple of months if we see enough demand.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deth23
Gromaudio, any update on android 8.1? How's beta testing going, and how long with the beta test run?
We have the first build made last week. Moving all components and services over now. Should have beta next week.
The following users liked this post:
OnlyNismo (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Deth23
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gromaudio
We have the first build made last week. Moving all components and services over now. Should have beta next week.
Thanks for the update! I know you guys catch a lot of **** for bugs..etc. But I for one am loving my VL2. Keep up the good work and communication, it's appreciated.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:48 AM
can37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pre-order pricing is pretty good. If I hadn't already wasted my money on the WireLinq that barely functions after upgrading to Android 9, I would have jumped on this
Old 10-15-2018, 08:20 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by can37
The pre-order pricing is pretty good. If I hadn't already wasted my money on the WireLinq that barely functions after upgrading to Android 9, I would have jumped on this
Unfortunately 9.0 Android has made it impossible to work with Android apps. You still should have all plugins we support working. Any specific app you use that we do not support ?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:56 AM
knyghtfire
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jdjurado
Hey everyone! I purchased and installed the VL2 onto my 2010 G37 a couple of months ago and figured I'd throw my two cents in.

First of all, I have been very pleased with not only the features the VL2 has added to my aging G37, but also the very quick support from GROM on any issues. I, like some of oyu, have mostly used the CarPlay feature since I'm an Apple user. Every once in a while, I'll pop back into the android side and use some of those apps using my phone as an internet source. I just read about the Apex launcher from JSylvia007's post, I'll have to go download that and see how it looks.

I had the airbag and TPMS issues when I first installed but resolved both of them per the instructions others have given.

Since I am a CarPlay user mostly, I did not install the GPS antenna, it looks like CarPlay/Apple Maps uses your iPhone's GPS antenna, which works for me. I did mount the Mic along with the USB cable as shown in the images below.

I am also waiting patiently on Android 7. Even though I am mostly over in the CarPlay app, I would like to see if that improves any of the audio delays with Siri/CarPlay phone calls others have mentioned.

My bluetooth streaming seems to be choppy still, I wonder if this has anything todo with my Apple Watch. I will try turning it off and seeing if it improves. I also don't recall seeing album artwork via bluetooth. Again, not a huge problem for me since I am sticking with CarPlay. OnlyNismo, did you see album artwork through Bluetooth??

Lastly, up until the latest firmware update (20 or 21 August I believe), my steering wheel controls behaved as follows: Up: Next track/station, Down: Prev track/station. Some users have called this backwards, but it appears to be the behavior in the Inifiniti OS (I checked the FM source in the Infiniti OS and verified Up is next preset and down is previous preset). Also the 2010 G37 owner's manual lists this behavior as the correct behavior. However, after the update, they are now Up: Prev track Down: Next track, which admittedly matches the radio-mounted controls, but now feels backwards from what I've been used to for years. Can anyone verify I am not going crazy on this??

Thanks GROM for a nice product and more importantly for the great and responsive customer service!

Mic and USB come out of this console, and can hide in there if needed.

ProClip mount works great aesthetically

Loving my "updated" technology in my older G37
This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to get for my G since I bought it. I had a few questions though. I currently have a USA Spec Bluetooth installed in order to play music and make calls, and I have the NavTool interface for my backup camera

I currently have a 2009 G37 Sedan NON Nav....BASE model, No Bluetooth, No Backup camera, No BOSE

1) When installed can I use this to make phone calls?
2) Will I be able to use it for my backup camera? (auto switch when in reverse)
3) Does my iPhone have to be “plugged in” for CarPlay to work? Or is there a wireless option?

This looks like a really expensive option $900 CAD with shipping. Even though NavTool has a CarPlay option I hate the stupid remote that comes with it, this incorporates a “STOCK” look and feel. Any help is much appreciated on here.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:08 PM
paclypse71

Siri Steering Wheel Control?

Originally Posted by jdjurado
Hey everyone! I purchased and installed the VL2 onto my 2010 G37 a couple of months ago and figured I'd throw my two cents in.

First of all, I have been very pleased with not only the features the VL2 has added to my aging G37, but also the very quick support from GROM on any issues. I, like some of oyu, have mostly used the CarPlay feature since I'm an Apple user. Every once in a while, I'll pop back into the android side and use some of those apps using my phone as an internet source. I just read about the Apex launcher from JSylvia007's post, I'll have to go download that and see how it looks.

I had the airbag and TPMS issues when I first installed but resolved both of them per the instructions others have given.

Since I am a CarPlay user mostly, I did not install the GPS antenna, it looks like CarPlay/Apple Maps uses your iPhone's GPS antenna, which works for me. I did mount the Mic along with the USB cable as shown in the images below.

I am also waiting patiently on Android 7. Even though I am mostly over in the CarPlay app, I would like to see if that improves any of the audio delays with Siri/CarPlay phone calls others have mentioned.

My bluetooth streaming seems to be choppy still, I wonder if this has anything todo with my Apple Watch. I will try turning it off and seeing if it improves. I also don't recall seeing album artwork via bluetooth. Again, not a huge problem for me since I am sticking with CarPlay. OnlyNismo, did you see album artwork through Bluetooth??

Lastly, up until the latest firmware update (20 or 21 August I believe), my steering wheel controls behaved as follows: Up: Next track/station, Down: Prev track/station. Some users have called this backwards, but it appears to be the behavior in the Inifiniti OS (I checked the FM source in the Infiniti OS and verified Up is next preset and down is previous preset). Also the 2010 G37 owner's manual lists this behavior as the correct behavior. However, after the update, they are now Up: Prev track Down: Next track, which admittedly matches the radio-mounted controls, but now feels backwards from what I've been used to for years. Can anyone verify I am not going crazy on this??

Thanks GROM for a nice product and more importantly for the great and responsive customer service!

Mic and USB come out of this console, and can hide in there if needed.

ProClip mount works great aesthetically

Loving my "updated" technology in my older G37
This is exactly what I'm going for in my 2014 Q60. I'd be exclusively using CarPlay. Is it possible to configure a steering wheel button to activate Siri?

Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience