Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by alberto555552
Also has anyone had issues with the gps antenna not working, I set the navigation with many navigation apps and they all say gps not found, or no signal, I've tried connecting and reconnecting the antenna and nothing, I've mounted it exactly how and where the manual suggested I do so
Is your Nav puck blinking, if so its working and the apps are having issues with it? There is a known issue with the newest Waze app not seeing the Nav. Grom said they are addressing the issue in a firmware update.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:51 AM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by enigmacarpc
Is your Nav puck blinking, if so its working and the apps are having issues with it? There is a known issue with the newest Waze app not seeing the Nav. Grom said they are addressing the issue in a firmware update.
Its not just Waze, Google maps says searching for GPS, irsi only able to find my location when on wifi and even then the lack of GPS signal won't allow for turn by turn direction.
I've already allowed location through settings
Do you have any idea when the update is supposed to be released? And whether it would be an OTA update or through USB?
Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 AM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi everyone,

I have a question for VL1 owners and/or the GROM team : where is the VL1 / VL2 unit supposed to rest once it has been connected to the back of the stereo ?

On this page, they show the installation in a FX35 which seems very similar if not identical to our G37's.

At the end, they put the VL unit in the gloves box and say "test VLINE before finalizing everything else"... And, that's it ! We are not shown what "finalizing everything else" implies .

So, does the VL unit just stay there, in the gloves box ? And what about the GPS antenna that was just mentioned on this topic, in the previous posts ?

Is there anything else that is not shown on this video, that we should know about ?

Thanks in advance
Old 04-19-2018, 02:00 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaighal
Hi everyone,

I have a question for VL1 owners and/or the GROM team : where is the VL1 / VL2 unit supposed to rest once it has been connected to the back of the stereo ?
Hello,
1. We usually recommend placing VLine in the glove box, it is convenient location and offers the great accessibility at the same time.
2. Per GPS antenna please refer here to the page 8 of the manual:
https://gromaudio.com/docs/vline_man...manual_web.pdf

In general in manual there are step by step guidelines on how to connect VLine to the stereo, as well as how to set up.

If anything is missing or unclear please let us know!

Thank you.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:57 PM
Kaighal
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, thank you for the reply. I am surprised that VL is not using the GPS and the microphone of the car.

Is there not a way to use them ? The OEM hardware is there and is already connected to the stereo.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:09 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kaighal
Ok, thank you for the reply. I am surprised that VL is not using the GPS and the microphone of the car.

Is there not a way to use them ? The OEM hardware is there and is already connected to the stereo.
There are many engineering reasons behind this design decision: quality of signal, connectors, and some other reasons. We carefully choose VL accessories and parts to make sure we deliver the highest possible quality.

Besides both GPS and mic looks almost factory and not truly visible to untrained eye.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Fastg37now

can someone explain to me, why would you want a computer in your car, it will be too much distraction to make selection, i have used carplay and android auto , its all minimalist and quick to select , this stuff is not suitable for car too many buttons, too small
Old 04-20-2018, 12:45 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Fastg37now
can someone explain to me, why would you want a computer in your car, it will be too much distraction to make selection, i have used carplay and android auto , its all minimalist and quick to select , this stuff is not suitable for car too many buttons, too small
Please check our videos on how VL1 works in the car:
https://gromaudio.com/vline/
https://gromaudio.com/vline/video.html

VLine has minimalist user interface that is optimized for automotive environment and easy to select/operate.

Last edited by gromaudio; 04-20-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Fastg37now

yes i have watched the videos, interface is busy, too many small buttons im not saying its bad but i don't see anyone using it , with all the swipe up and swipe down, it's a car with standard resistivity touch screen. no other system on the market has such complicated menus
Old 04-20-2018, 02:20 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

yes i have watched the videos, interface is busy, too many small buttons im not saying its bad but i don't see anyone using it , with all the swipe up and swipe down, it's a car with standard resistivity touch screen. no other system on the market has such complicated menus
We use no menus for functional operations or small buttons or gestures. Interface is suitable for cars without touchscreen as well. Each button that is pressable fits at least 2 fingers in diameter. Not sure what you mean by swipe up/down. Do you have VL1 unit ?
Old 04-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Fastg37now

how do you use waze without touch screen?
Old 04-20-2018, 06:52 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

how do you use waze without touch screen?
Depending on car controls we provide different solutions.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:58 PM
Fastg37now

Originally Posted by gromaudio
infiniti with no touch screen
Old 04-23-2018, 07:49 PM
alberto555552
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gromaudio
How can I use android auto, your website says it's compatible and you have videos on youtube deminstrating it but I can't get it to work myself, I plug it into the appropriate USB and I have android auto installed on my phone and it still doesn't work, the play store also doesn't let me download the standalone android auto app to install on the Vline, any idea of how I'm supposed to get this to work

Has anyone else had this issue or have android auto working in their car?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:02 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by alberto555552
How can I use android auto, your website says it's compatible and you have videos on youtube deminstrating it but I can't get it to work myself, I plug it into the appropriate USB and I have android auto installed on my phone and it still doesn't work, the play store also doesn't let me download the standalone android auto app to install on the Vline, any idea of how I'm supposed to get this to work

Has anyone else had this issue or have android auto working in their car?
There is mention of Android Auto compatibility in our materials or web site. Can you clarify where did you see that VLine is compatible with AA ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience