Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience

Old 03-24-2018, 08:02 PM
enigmacarpc
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gromaudio
The pre-orders for NI9VL1 have started early December 2017, with anticipated ship date end of January. We had to move shipping to the end of February due to the unforeseen delay. The VLine NIS9VL1 has been shipped in batches, with some units going out end of February and the others early March.

Very sorry that you are not happy with the product, contact our support for an RMA.
I believe the confusion from myself and other forum members was from the fact in around May or June of 2017 the NIS8VL1 went on presale but since your company is not cable of communicating or updating your website in a timely manor, some of us with the 2010 and up had purchased the wrong version not seeing the current model at that time would not work for our cars, a matter of fact your website let me purchase the wrong model after stating my G37 was a 2010, I cancled my order and shortly afterwards you started a presale for the NIS9VL1.

As for contacting your support for an RMA, that's easily said and I will state for the forum whats involved in that.

1. I would lose out on $300 in labor costs.
I spent $100 on labor to install the Vline as I first tried to install it myself and it didn't work, I thought I did it wrong but it was a bad video cable you never tested before shipping, Then I again paid $100 to have it installed once the new cable arrived along with having the audio place route the microphone and GPS. I would have to spend another $100 to have it removed.

2. Let's say you paid no labor well according to Grom's website you have to pay shipping both ways to return the product.

How about this idea be a real company and don't make me use an email response system or chat and give me a call and we can discuss whats wrong with the product and you can make it right or give me an upgrade path to hardware that doesn't run like its made from the parts of a Samsung Galaxy 3 from 2013.

I am a patient person and I can handle shipping delays and product bugs especially since you are offering a product I dreamed of, but bad communication, horrible support practices, selling end of life products that are too slow for modern apps and auto responding just RMA it is not cool.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:22 AM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
enigmacarpc I don't really see the point in this discussion. You don't like the product, return it and move on. I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread; you probably should too.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:42 PM
JSylvia007

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So... I've found out that Bluetooth Tethering will work perfectly for my uses where Wifi Tethering doesn't. Safe to say I've now tested this for two road trips, and this works perfectly. It can be a little slow, but now I don't have to remember to turn off wifi tethering.

Now... Still a couple issues...

1. I still am at version 3.3.5, but my device still tells me that I'm updated. Has the update been released on the OTA server yet?

2. I've now also had the unit freeze 3 times requiring me to physically disconnect the radio cable from the unit and power cycle the car. Has there been any investigation into this?

3. The new V2 unit that you're advertising... What are the chances that the radio cable (and all other connections - USB, microphone, GPS, etc.) that I have currently installed will be simply plug and play with the new unit?

I must say, it's growing on me...
Old 03-25-2018, 02:47 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by JSylvia007
Now... Still a couple issues...

1. I still am at version 3.3.5, but my device still tells me that I'm updated. Has the update been released on the OTA server yet?

2. I've now also had the unit freeze 3 times requiring me to physically disconnect the radio cable from the unit and power cycle the car. Has there been any investigation into this?

3. The new V2 unit that you're advertising... What are the chances that the radio cable (and all other connections - USB, microphone, GPS, etc.) that I have currently installed will be simply plug and play with the new unit?

I must say, it's growing on me...
1. Yes your OTA is the latest. Will release new one later this week.
2. We saw those reports, seems like floating thing. Working on it this week. Will be fixed asap
3. VL2 fully compatible with all harnesses and plugs.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:49 PM
JSylvia007

1. Yes your OTA is the latest. Will release new one later this week.
2. We saw those reports, seems like floating thing. Working on it this week. Will be fixed asap
3. VL2 fully compatible with all harnesses and plugs.
This is excellent news. And hopefully the responsiveness will continue and shows a commitment to your user base and customers.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:15 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Gromaudio, I sent you a PM on Thursday, just making sure you got it. Thanks!
Old 03-26-2018, 02:05 PM
gromaudio
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by zer099
Gromaudio, I sent you a PM on Thursday, just making sure you got it. Thanks!
yes, replied.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:05 PM
Fastg37now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would i want carplay like experince when i can add real carplay
Old 03-27-2018, 10:13 PM
JSylvia007

Originally Posted by Fastg37now
why would i want carplay like experince when i can add real carplay
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't exist a carplay or Android Auto device for our cars... Which is exactly why we are doing this .
Old 03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Fastg37now

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't exist a carplay or Android Auto device for our cars... Which is exactly why we are doing this .
i was under the impression that it didn't, however this past weekend i was attending local g37 meetup where atleast dozen of guys had carplay installed on the factory radio
Old 03-27-2018, 10:24 PM
JSylvia007

i was under the impression that it didn't, however this past weekend i was attending local g37 meetup where atleast dozen of guys had carplay installed on the factory radio
Okay, I'm listening. Did any of them have Androids, or were they all Apple people? LOL
Old 03-27-2018, 10:59 PM
Fastg37now

Okay, I'm listening. Did any of them have Androids, or were they all Apple people? LOL
only apple carplay
Old 03-27-2018, 11:00 PM
JSylvia007

only apple carplay
damn! Back to sleep I go....
Old 03-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Fastg37now

damn! Back to sleep I go....
LOL good night
Old 03-27-2018, 11:18 PM
dseefeldt03
Premier Member

Would kill to know how to get genuine CarPlay in the G. Any additional info on how this is possible? Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For the Connected Car "CarPlay-Like" Experience