Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2012 G37 iphone doesn't skip song after 3 back to back skip

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 01:16 PM
sdmfbrandon
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 G37 iphone doesn't skip song after 3 back to back skip

I have a 2012 g37 coupe. I use the latest version of iphone OS. I just got the car and love it and currently trying to work out all the annoying kinks. One of them is when I go skip songs with either the steering wheel controls or the controls on the actual head unit. It allows me to skip 3 times back to back and then it stops skipping. The only way I can get around this is if I hit the enter button while play/pause button is highlighted. Is there anyway around this? Seems very annoying.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:56 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by sdmfbrandon
I have a 2012 g37 coupe. I use the latest version of iphone OS. I just got the car and love it and currently trying to work out all the annoying kinks. One of them is when I go skip songs with either the steering wheel controls or the controls on the actual head unit. It allows me to skip 3 times back to back and then it stops skipping. The only way I can get around this is if I hit the enter button while play/pause button is highlighted. Is there anyway around this? Seems very annoying.
Are you streaming ? I know Pandora prevents too many skips etc...but if it's off a thumb drive or the cars hard drive then maybe it's a file issue on how you saved the files ...just a guess...
Old 06-18-2020, 04:19 PM
sdmfbrandon
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37sPhoton
Are you streaming ? I know Pandora prevents too many skips etc...but if it's off a thumb drive or the cars hard drive then maybe it's a file issue on how you saved the files ...just a guess...
No, it’s any app. Spotify or the Apple Music app. I can skip songs 3 times in a row and then the up and down button on the steering wheel stops responding and the track up and down button stops responding on the head unit. It’s only until I hit the enter button while the play pause button is highlighted that they will start working again. It doesn’t seem like an electrical issue. But wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:33 PM
Conboss
Registered Member

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
My brother has a 2012 EX35 that does this too. Even though it may not be three song skips every time, it does eventually stop working. Haven't figured out why that is yet though. I don;t think he's ever tried your method of hitting enter while play/pause is highlighted, I'll see if that helps him at all