Audio, Video & Electronics Reviews on G Audio, Video, and Electronics.

FYI - cabin fuses

Old 04-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
FYI - cabin fuses

I was looking to add a fuse tap to install a USB charger port to the left side of the center console (so i don't have a wire draped across the center stack if i hook up my phone charger to phone on magnetic vent mount on the vent to the right of the steering wheel...).

the cabin fuses in the fuse box by the drivers left foot are "low profile mini" type. good thing i checked and didn't just assume they were the standard mini. ordered the correct fuse tap from Amazon.

they look like this (in my 2013, anyway - i would assume they are the same throughout the model years ... ?):
Old 04-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
For what it's worth the regular mini fuse tap fits, but just barely. I have one in there for my dash camera.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:23 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
low profile mini fuses and micro fuses have been used in vehicles in the automotive industry for quite some time now. especially with vehicles built by all manufacturers within the last 5 years.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by crookncastle
low profile mini fuses and micro fuses have been used in vehicles in the automotive industry for quite some time now. especially with vehicles built by all manufacturers within the last 5 years.
My wife's car is a 2015, but I'm not allowed to mod it, so I never had reason to look at the fuses. My last car was a 2008 ...

Search this Thread