Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPhone connectivity issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 07:39 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I have the driveluxe 50 model. It already supports red light and speed cameras as part of the map updates. Other warnings too such as reduced speed limits, rail road crossing, school zones and some others. Here in IL, Chicago is the only town I know of that has speed cameras. Can't say how well it works as I tend to stay out of the city. Works very well for red light cameras present in the suburbs.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:43 AM
sev1980
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
confirmed...total waste of 170 bucks. update made no difference to me. still stopped while playing music.. disconnect...reconnect. ARRGGHHH

this morning i got in the car, phone started playing music all garbled. plays for a second all fast. stops, plays for a little bit, stops. rinse repeat.

Really pisses me off this is happening.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:23 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
So is the map update dvds for updating the maps or the software or do they do both? I’m taking my IPL across the country for 3 weeks in May and wanted to update the maps but if it’s going to cause any other issues I may not. I have the Bluetooth call connectivity issue where any incoming calls cannot be heard until I hit use headset then hit phone then it connects if they don’t hang up by then. I mainly use an iPod plugged into usb for music but I just connected my phone to Bluetooth audio today and it worked fine, Siri played a song for me and it showed up on the screen. What should I do prior to my road trip? Thanks
Old 02-21-2018, 05:49 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Honestly, at this point I’d say: don’t touch it. Do not update.

As far as your phone issues there may be a fix just for that from dealer. And you didn’t mention phone and OS model.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:44 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Ok. I actually just got the X recently and haven’t tried it to see if it still doesn’t work so I’ll start there. I was hoping to have the most updated maps but if it’s gonna cause issues it’s prob not worth it. Thanks
Old 02-21-2018, 10:10 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I *think* the software update fixed my navi/mp3 playback bootloop issue. Will find out for sure this summer when we head out of state. Thus far driving locally with mp3's playing and a destination 3 states away has not resulted in any crash or rebooting.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:53 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

I don’t use the nav or Bluetooth audio often but was planning to for my road trip in May. I’ve not had any issues with either though. I was hoping to update the maps but if it’s going to mess something up I guess it’s not worth it.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:09 PM
sev1980
Registered Member

im starting to think the bluetooth issues are actually from the iphone. Yesterday I was driving in my other car, which is not an infiniti and the bluetooth started exhibiting similar behavior. Music just started skipping, starting/stopping...etc...
Old 02-22-2018, 03:32 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

I’ll have to ask some people to call me while I’m in my car now that I have the iPhone X and see if I still have the same problem or not. Since it seems to be intermittent and some no longer have the issue after a software update while others still do I’m thinking it might be the specific phone too, not just the iOS. What issues has everyone experienced when updating the maps with the 5 DVD’s from Infiniti for $150?
Old 04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Well I got 2 calls yesterday, one from an iPhone X and the other from an iPhone 5. Both came through clear and we were able to hear each other perfectly. I guess the iPhone X fixed my issue. I hope it lasts this way.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:56 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by sev1980
im starting to think the bluetooth issues are actually from the iphone. Yesterday I was driving in my other car, which is not an infiniti and the bluetooth started exhibiting similar behavior. Music just started skipping, starting/stopping...etc...
Bluetooth can be affected by you changing location while driving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

With someone else driving monitor the WiFi networks that display under settings. All those 2.4 gz signals in range can affect your bluetooth

Telcoman
Old 04-17-2018, 10:42 AM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Not sure if it has any bearing or not but when I got my X it was added Bluetooth 2 since Bluetooth 1 was my old phone. It works perfectly now, calls come through clear and doesn’t matter if it’s an iPhone or a flip phone. Idk if the X fixed my issue or if it’s because it’s under Bluetooth 2. Either way I’m not messing with it or updating anything. If anyone is still having problems try connecting your phone to Bluetooth 2 instead. Worth a try. Or just buy the X lol
Old 04-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Rothy11

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks. I’ll try that. Still can’t hear people when their talking. Doubt it will work but worth a try.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:01 PM
sev1980
Registered Member

I think I know what's messing up the a2dp streaming. It's whenever either the car or the phone is sending artist/track information. Something about how that exchange happens with the iphone does not make the infiniti bluetooth happy. I've noticed the disconnect/reconnect always happens when the artist information either tries to update. Not that this helps us any, since we cant change anything on the iphone or car, but this is what is causing it.

I also noticed yesterday, the artist information updated on the screen, the music paused for a few seconds and then everything started to work again, almost as if it was about to disconnect but didnt.

So annoying we have to deal with this. My buddy has a 2012 Nissan GTR and he has the same issue on his iphone. Shame Nissan/Infinti can't fix this.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:27 PM
wlmmn
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the status on this problem now? I have an iPhone 6 and a '13 G37x - this has been a problem for a long time, I've always meant to ask about it but I keep forgetting. I've never done any dealer software update, have had the car since March '15. iPhone 6 is on iOs 11.4

Super frustrating for "Answer" to not be able to hear who I'm talking to, and they can't hear me either. Having to fumble for my phone to switch over audio is distracting.

I tried doing the the Settings > General > Accessibility.... Use headset setting on my iPhone, but that didn't work. Had someone call me while the car was on and hit "Answer" on the car's touch screen, but still the same issue. Can't hear them, they can't hear me.

Last edited by wlmmn; 07-01-2018 at 04:46 PM. Reason: clean up