Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Adding a Subwoofer to your G37 sedan W/ BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
if you still get alternator noise, yes. they are fairly cheap and just plug right in ... get one with male RCA on one end and female on the other, and just "insert" it between your preamp RCA's and your amp input.

Hold up, just thought of something. I don't think he's experiencing alternator noise. He's getting the noise in he rear speakers. That's the out put from the factory amp. I don't think alternator interference could make its way through the RCA input of the aftermarket amp.

How did you wire you're RCA's? Check and make sure everything is wired correctly. Does the whining noise progress with rpm?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gregor12
Hold up, just thought of something. I don't think he's experiencing alternator noise. He's getting the noise in he rear speakers. That's the out put from the factory amp. I don't think alternator interference could make its way through the RCA input of the aftermarket amp.

How did you wire you're RCA's? Check and make sure everything is wired correctly. Does the whining noise progress with rpm?
i assume he's tapping the preamp-out of the headunit, which could be affected by alternator noise. maybe he is only using the aftermarket amp for the rears, and that amp isnt grounded well. ??
Old 01-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Gregor12
Registered Member

i assume he's tapping the preamp-out of the headunit, which could be affected by alternator noise. maybe he is only using the aftermarket amp for the rears, and that amp isnt grounded well. ??
im so confused lol From what i understood, he added subs to the car. but now when he plugs in the rca’s for his sub amp, he gets a flat line sound through the rear speakers.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

im so confused lol From what i understood, he added subs to the car. but now when he plugs in the rca’s for his sub amp, he gets a flat line sound through the rear speakers.
said "interferance noise". i assumed alternator whine ...
Old 01-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

said "interferance noise". i assumed alternator whine ...
NOW WE WAIT lol
Old 01-06-2016, 09:54 AM
camry90

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wired up the amp for the sub as per instructed. Now i hear little whining noise whenever the rca. Are plugged in the amp. The actual sub isn't wired in yet. Could that affect something? And i have not rev the car yet to see if it goes along with the rpm.

Would reverse polarity from the rca to the HU signal create noise? It's a faint noise.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Gregor12
Registered Member

Originally Posted by camry90
I wired up the amp for the sub as per instructed. Now i hear little whining noise whenever the rca. Are plugged in the amp. The actual sub isn't wired in yet. Could that affect something? And i have not rev the car yet to see if it goes along with the rpm.

Would reverse polarity from the rca to the HU signal create noise? It's a faint noise.
the first time i installed my sub I mixed up the polarity on the right side but i still didn’t get any noise. If you have them wired exactly the same as i do in this thread then you should have no issue. but i would check everything again because you never know. what kind of amp are you running?
Old 01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
camry90

the first time i installed my sub I mixed up the polarity on the right side but i still didn’t get any noise. If you have them wired exactly the same as i do in this thread then you should have no issue. but i would check everything again because you never know. what kind of amp are you running?
old never used MTX RT251D
i think i'll have to make a short video to show how it's set up and posted here

Last edited by camry90; 01-06-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

connect the sub, and if you hear a high-pitched noise that goes up in frequency as you rev the engine, you need a ground loop isolator.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Hpw1167

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also, if your amp's low-level inputs are RCA, you can either buy one of these:

... or get a regular RCA cable, chop off one of the ends, and splice the wires yourself.
i have this exact speaker wire to RCA.. what wires do i tap into?
Is it 4 separate taps or do i twist the positives together and twist negatives and only tap two?
2012 G37x with Bose
Installing JL 500/1d with 12" W3
Old 01-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hpw1167
i have this exact speaker wire to RCA.. what wires do i tap into?
Is it 4 separate taps or do i twist the positives together and twist negatives and only tap two?
2012 G37x with Bose
Installing JL 500/1d with 12" W3
the right and left channel preamp signal will each have its own positive and negative. you will use 4 taps total (connect them to the preamp out wires from the headunit), then connect the RCA's to the amp .... to be amplified.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 PM
FSTG37

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Subscribed...
Old 02-02-2016, 10:39 AM
camry90

I have finally put the sub in the car and the whinning goes with the rpm. I will try to tap into the sub's bose amp output to my mtx using the supplied molex connector thingy
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

I have finally put the sub in the car and the whinning goes with the rpm. I will try to tap into the sub's bose amp output to my mtx using the supplied molex connector thingy
just get a noise suppressor/ ground loop isolator. uou're getting alternator noise.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:45 AM
salmonslayer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
just get a noise suppressor/ ground loop isolator. uou're getting alternator noise.
Would a better ground location help or running the power wire from the other side of the car separate from the other wires help?

Quick Reply: Adding a Subwoofer to your G37 sedan W/ BOSE