MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video & Electronics (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics-310/)
-   -   Aux or no aux? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/268643-aux-or-no-aux.html)

cydonian66 07-07-2015 10:41 PM

Aux or no aux?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone

I recently bought a 2011 G37x Coupe and I'm trying to figure out how to play music from my phone. Apparently, Bluetooth is only for phone calls. As far as auxiliary goes, as you can see in the pictures I've posted, I have an AUX button, but in the se one pic you see that the aux ports are blocked. Do I have an aux option or not?

If I can't stream media via Bluetooth or aux, what are my options?

Thanks

cydonian66 07-08-2015 03:06 AM

Aux or no aux?

1 Attachment(s)
And for anyone wondering, I connected my Samsung Note 3 via USB, and I got the message shown in the picture.

Will I be able to play the music I enjoy? 😧

puff2ice 07-08-2015 07:08 AM

You could load up a thump drive with mp3s or you could connect an apple product(ipod, iphone,etc) via usb cable to it. Other than that, you would have to by a fm transmitter if you want to stream your tunes. Yes, they screwed the pouch with these limited options.

montwo 07-08-2015 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by puff2ice (Post 3927459)
You could load up a thump drive with mp3s or you could connect an apple product(ipod, iphone,etc) via usb cable to it. Other than that, you would have to by a fm transmitter if you want to stream your tunes. Yes, they screwed the pouch with these limited options.

Yup, this is my biggest pet peeve about the car. I bought this to solve the wireless streaming problem:

My phone connects to both the car and the device and uses the car for calls and the device for audio. There is a bit of a lag, but the sound quality is good so I don't mind.

i heart ricers 07-09-2015 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by cydonian66 (Post 3927371)
Hello everyone

I recently bought a 2011 G37x Coupe and I'm trying to figure out how to play music from my phone. Apparently, Bluetooth is only for phone calls. As far as auxiliary goes, as you can see in the pictures I've posted, I have an AUX button, but in the se one pic you see that the aux ports are blocked. Do I have an aux option or not?

If I can't stream media via Bluetooth or aux, what are my options?

Thanks

im so confused

i use bluetooth audio everyday ?

jman09 07-09-2015 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by i heart ricers (Post 3927833)
im so confused

i use bluetooth audio everyday ?

you only have bluetooth audio streaming if you have OEM navigation.

krazyfiend 07-09-2015 10:52 AM

Bluetooth w/ my LG G2 is great in my '11. I'm quite the home audio snob (FLAC / lossless source... Martin Logan /Mcintosh setup) to boot, so I'm no slouch on wanting decent quality source for the 'alright' Bose setup to playback while I'm driving.

cydonian66 07-10-2015 10:40 PM

Aux or no aux?

Originally Posted by krazyfiend (Post 3927870)
Bluetooth w/ my LG G2 is great in my '11. I'm quite the home audio snob (FLAC / lossless source... Martin Logan /Mcintosh setup) to boot, so I'm no slouch on wanting decent quality source for the 'alright' Bose setup to playback while I'm driving.

Elaborate please.

DageeGrey 12-10-2018 04:23 PM

any update ? cause i’m having the same issue and it’s bugging me

frank37 01-14-2019 12:30 AM

I also have a 2011 G37X coupe, no nav.

I play my music via my iPhone through the USB port in the centre console (where your right arm rests when driving). Make sure the music is playing on the iPhone before you plug it in.

If you don't have an iPhone, you can get one of those usb to bluetooth devices like the one posted by month in post #4. I know some people have had trouble with getting certain similar products to work.

Landshark 01-14-2019 09:25 AM

easiest solution is to get a used iPod, fill it with music, and leave it in the armrest connected to the USB.

doesn't help if you stream music from the internets, but i don't.