Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Heads up- 2015 Navigation update keys are not working.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Trooper Orange

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Heads up- 2015 Navigation update keys are not working.

Just a heads up to anyone considering purchasing the 2015 navigation update.

I received mine Friday, attempted install Saturday, the system/firmware update went fine, but the map data won't install as the license/activation key they provided is invalid.

I called up their support number, they state this is a known issue for all Infiniti navigation updates for 2015. They are supposed to be sending out a communication about it soon.

Thought I would save someone the trouble if they are having the same issue.

Morons, trying to thwart pirates and all they are doing is screwing their legit customers.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:42 AM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I have a paper weight 2013 update still...they won't give me a code
Old 10-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Trooper Orange

Originally Posted by JT2014
I have a paper weight 2013 update still...they won't give me a code
Now that sucks.

I was a bit miffed to be honest. I mean it is one thing to have a technical issue. It is another thing to tell a customer that all the keys are invalid, they can't give you another one, and they are aware of the issue. The kicker is, when asked, they didn't have an ETA, a case number, or anything else. Makes me thing maybe the rep was full of it. Perhaps I should call back and try a different rep. lol

If they don't come through I'll dispute the charge. No way I am paying $200 to have it not work and lackluster support.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:02 PM
chris_s

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Trooper Orange
If they don't come through I'll dispute the charge. No way I am paying $200 to have it not work and lackluster support.
seems crazy that they'd be taking money if they know it doesn't work...

on that note, if anyone needs 2015 infiniti nav keys please western union me $150, I promise the same level of service as the other providers!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Trooper Orange

Originally Posted by chris_s
seems crazy that they'd be taking money if they know it doesn't work...

on that note, if anyone needs 2015 infiniti nav keys please western union me $150, I promise the same level of service as the other providers!
LMAO well played.

I think they just have an automated system that uses an algorithm to just spits out keys into emails. Something is amiss there and the keys aren't working.

One would imagine they would test this prior to release right? I suspect they are just now figuring it out as I was among the first to get the update.

Its just annoying the huge irony here is that it only affects their paying customers. Seems counter productive.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:44 AM
wayne baracloug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same issue and they started a case number for me. The young lady I spoke with implied that I might have to go to the dealer to have it installed. I had called early morning yesterday and they did not mention anything at that time about the codes being bad, but I guess as the day went on they got more calls. Lets see how this plays out.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:40 PM
BaapsG37
Registered Member

Sorry for the newbie question, but I thought you had to buy the disks and then go to the dealer to have the maps updated...something i think is ridiculous, btw. Is that not the case? Can we update our own maps?
Old 10-29-2014, 06:10 AM
wayne baracloug

You should not have to go to the dealer with the 2015 update if the key code works. I think the one I spoke with really had no clue and just told me I might have to go to the dealer to get it installed. I had done a nav update last year on my wife's G Sport Sedan and it worked just fine. In fact my son also has a G Sport sedan and we used the same set of discs after he went on line and ordered the update to get the key code for his. I have a feeling Navtech has an issue with their server and that is why the key codes are not working.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
perdido34

You can get a nice Garmin for $150 that is a better nav device than the one in the car--My G has nav, but I would never buy the updates.
The following users liked this post:
telcoman (11-02-2014)
Old 10-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Trooper Orange

So I just called them back, still no update. Interestingly this time I got a case number for my issue when I was previously told that my order number was my case number.

This last representative I spoke with said it was NOT a known issue and that she hadn't heard of it.

So in other words, their support sucks major ***.

As for dealer installs, that is BS. It is designed to be done at home by the owner and comes with instructions. Its simple, not rocket science. The dealer would just do the same thing, and charge you for it.

As for using another GPS, if I wanted to do that I would use my phone. I do however like using the built in Nav and of course want the latest info. It just sucks that they don't have their **** together.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Amrit.bhathal
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Trooper Orange
So I just called them back, still no update. Interestingly this time I got a case number for my issue when I was previously told that my order number was my case number.

This last representative I spoke with said it was NOT a known issue and that she hadn't heard of it.

So in other words, their support sucks major ***.

As for dealer installs, that is BS. It is designed to be done at home by the owner and comes with instructions. Its simple, not rocket science. The dealer would just do the same thing, and charge you for it.

As for using another GPS, if I wanted to do that I would use my phone. I do however like using the built in Nav and of course want the latest info. It just sucks that they don't have their **** together.
Keep us posted if they ever fix it because I was about to order mine and buy it, but luckily I read this before I did. So keep us posted until it is resolved !! Thanks mate
Old 10-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Trooper Orange

Update

UPDATE:

So I got frustrated and messaged their corporate FB page for "All things Nav".

They looked into it and had someone call me. After receiving the call I had a new key and it was working in a few minutes.

The person who called me back stated very plainly with candor that the keys should've work, and that if your key doesn't work the call center at the toll free number should be able to just generate another for you on the spot.

So in other words, their call center agents aren't trained/following process/whatever. The moral of the story is that if you do have a key that doesn't work, call the number and don't hang up until they give you another one and test it out in the phone with them.

I had three calls, two emails, and several days spent trying to get done what their call center agent should have done to begin with.

Anyway, if you have an issue and can't get the call center to give you a working key, message them in FB, it will get taken care of.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:19 AM
wayne baracloug

It took them a day to get back to me with a new key code. I just started the up-date and it is working. Looks like they are 2 for 2. Bit of a hassle but it's taken care of.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:56 PM
JT2014

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
The person who called me back stated very plainly with candor that the keys should've work, and that if your key doesn't work the call center at the toll free number should be able to just generate another for you on the spot.
The problem I have is the 2014 set I have came with my car when I bought it but were not loaded into the unit. Car was used. I asked them for a code & they said they couldn't give me one unless I was the original purchaser of the updated 2014 disks.......you think that is accurate?
Old 11-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Trooper Orange

Originally Posted by JT2014
The problem I have is the 2014 set I have came with my car when I bought it but were not loaded into the unit. Car was used. I asked them for a code & they said they couldn't give me one unless I was the original purchaser of the updated 2014 disks.......you think that is accurate?

TBH I am not sure. I know that when one purchases the discs they give you a key with them. So whomever bought those discs to begin with should have the key.

I suspect they would want you to spend the $200 to get the key as they wouldn't know if you just borrowed those discs from someone else etc...

Quick Reply: Heads up- 2015 Navigation update keys are not working.