Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2012 g37x, wont play pandora from android phone ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:12 AM
Mr.Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 g37x, wont play pandora from android phone ??

Hi guys, I bought an '12 g37x premium today, I didn't find out until after I closed the deal, and the car tech was showing me all the last minute bells and whistles, that this model isn't compatible with Samsung android phones, only I-phones.

I have the new galaxy note 3.

I'm pretty pissed off because I can't stream Pandora via Bluetooth, or the usb connector.... the stupid connector only charges android phones.

They said my phone will work if I get the navigation package, ($2,000 more) 2k just for streaming Bluetooth Pandora doesn't seem worth it.

I have 7 days to exchange my car if I decide to do that.

----so my question is what do you guys recommend I do ? I don't need the nav, I just use my phones nav.

I was thinking about going to best buy and just seeing if they could install an Aux cable, and run it to the center console.

Or possibly getting an after market stereo ? you guys recommend any ?

thoughts ?
Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Snaoum
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
That does not sound right. It should work regardless of the device if it is over bluetooth. I stream Pandora over bluetooth no problem.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:10 PM
GeezerB
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
The Nav package offers more than just Bluetooth. If you divide the extra cost by the number of payments, you will see it really isn't that much of a premium & it will solve your problem. Mine streams fine.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Mr.Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'm going to go a car audio shop and see if I can get a new gps receiver.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Jones
Hi guys, I bought an '12 g37x premium today, I didn't find out until after I closed the deal, and the car tech was showing me all the last minute bells and whistles, that this model isn't compatible with Samsung android phones, only I-phones.

I have the new galaxy note 3.

I'm pretty pissed off because I can't stream Pandora via Bluetooth, or the usb connector.... the stupid connector only charges android phones.

They said my phone will work if I get the navigation package, ($2,000 more) 2k just for streaming Bluetooth Pandora doesn't seem worth it.

I have 7 days to exchange my car if I decide to do that.

----so my question is what do you guys recommend I do ? I don't need the nav, I just use my phones nav.

I was thinking about going to best buy and just seeing if they could install an Aux cable, and run it to the center console.

Or possibly getting an after market stereo ? you guys recommend any ?

thoughts ?
Take note of the number of songs on my IPod

Name:  IPodDisplay001_zpsbf09a08a.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  37.1 KB

There are worse things in this world to get pissed about

Telcoman
Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 AM
DBall

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I had the same issue... no nav and a Galaxy 4. I just put a dedicated ipod in the USB slot and use the bluetooth for my phone (if you use bluetooth for your phone for music, I don't know if you can use it as a phone at the same time... I heard that you had to sync to BT once for phone and a second time for use as a music player and then choose between the two. I could be wrong about that, just something I read). I also use my phone for nav... crisis averted.