Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

updating navigation system have bt for music?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
updating navigation system have bt for music?

I was wondering if you upgrade to the new nav system if it is you bluetooth for your music like in the newer model vehicles?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Nope, you just get new maps.

If you want to add BT streaming look into something like the Kinivo BTC450. I have it hooked up to the AUX ports on mine (also got the noise reducer thing) and it works great. Don't get info on the NAV screen but its not really necessary.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:21 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's kinda dumb. A software fix could correct the Bluetooth issue without a doubt
Old 04-15-2014, 11:03 AM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by stevelam
That's kinda dumb. A software fix could correct the Bluetooth issue without a doubt
I am actually curious about this. I just got my 2013 S. Paired to bluetooth easily, but only appears to work for phone calls/texts? I assumed it would have played audio(say...Pandora) easily? There doesn't appear to be a "source" for bluetooth.

Am I retarded?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Vance67

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by smakfactor1
I am actually curious about this. I just got my 2013 S. Paired to bluetooth easily, but only appears to work for phone calls/texts? I assumed it would have played audio(say...Pandora) easily? There doesn't appear to be a "source" for bluetooth.

Am I retarded?
I know for my 2010 S Coupe, I had to go into settings to add my phone as a BT audio player. It was already connected to send/receive phone calls, but there is another step to adding it as a music player.

I believe, you go into settings, chose BT, and then connections or BT audio or something like that, I had to play around with it for a minute before I found it, but it is there...on most G's I would assume, I'm not sure which years have it and which years don't, but if you do it should be in the settings somewhere, it's kind of stupid how they do it, but it is what it is
Old 04-15-2014, 11:15 AM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Vance67
I know for my 2010 S Coupe, I had to go into settings to add my phone as a BT audio player. It was already connected to send/receive phone calls, but there is another step to adding it as a music player.

I believe, you go into settings, chose BT, and then connections or BT audio or something like that, I had to play around with it for a minute before I found it, but it is there...on most G's I would assume, I'm not sure which years have it and which years don't, but if you do it should be in the settings somewhere, it's kind of stupid how they do it, but it is what it is
Thanks for the quick reply. Glancing through my BT(Droid Maxx) settings it is definitely set to play audio via my car(or any BT device). I'll have to play with it some more after work.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM
CUCraigT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smak:

Do you have the nav package? I think you only get the BT streaming with that. I have a 2010 coupe S with 6MT and Nav package. I am using Droid Razr Maxx and it works well.