Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Old 05-26-2018, 10:33 AM
  #196  
puff2ice
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by colin.ssc View Post
So still splicing the same cables as mentioned by OP etc? or completely cutting them out? Could you elaborate which ones I would need to cut etc? Appreciate it....
I didnt want to cut my wires so i decided to splice. For the wiring, please refer to harbin9er post above and focus on the last pic displaying a 24 pin connector....it takes some getting used looking at those but you will get the hang of it. Post some pics when done.
puff2ice is offline  
Old 05-27-2018, 05:43 PM
  #197  
harbin9er
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Novi, MI
Posts: 367
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Here's a schematic on my 08 G37S Coupe with Navigation setup
On the left it details the pin numbers that I used.
Note that the FSM is not always be accurate! Also, the wiring can differ between model years as well as what package/options the car has. I had to do a lot of trial and error to get it to work with my specific car.

harbin9er is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 05:58 PM
  #198  
swagger_jacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 48
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What about the HVAC controls? Does that still popup on the screen when you adjust that or do you have to switch back to the other screen to do that? Is there a way to make that work on the tablet screen while displaying the android side?
swagger_jacker is offline  
Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 AM
  #199  
puff2ice
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by swagger_jacker View Post
What about the HVAC controls? Does that still popup on the screen when you adjust that or do you have to switch back to the other screen to do that? Is there a way to make that work on the tablet screen while displaying the android side?
nope, have to switch back to oem screen.
puff2ice is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 02:35 AM
  #200  
colin.ssc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by puff2ice View Post
nope, have to switch back to oem screen.
Wait, so all this done and still stock screen needs to be used for HVAC? Thought all these meant everything on stock screen would show on the new one =(
colin.ssc is offline  
Old 06-22-2018, 09:55 AM
  #201  
puff2ice
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by colin.ssc View Post
Wait, so all this done and still stock screen needs to be used for HVAC? Thought all these meant everything on stock screen would show on the new one =(
Look at the below video, the tablet starts off showing the stock screen displayed on the tablet, then the user switches to the tablet....before switching back to the stock screen to view the backup cam...

Going between displaying the stock screen and an app on the tablet is a manual process so you will have access to all the stock screen info....even how cold to put the a/c.
puff2ice is offline  
The following users liked this post:
colin.ssc (08-05-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 10:06 PM
  #202  
Barzahd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New project

guys I will be taking on this project using a 2013 N7 in an 08 coupe with Bose/Navi

I will be looking to keep the stock screen as well as incorporate audio out from the tablet to the stock radio

a lot of great info on here that will help guide me, A few years ago I installed the stock Nav screen in my old Non-nav G35x





Barzahd is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 03:30 PM
  #203  
vin0vin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, does anyone with the nexus 7 / infiniti setup still use this page? I have a few questions . One being can i just put the tablet in and then get a bluetooth connector thing and a rca splitter and split the rca into a aux and plug that into bluetooth thing and connect the nexus 7 to bluetooth , or should go from rca to aux to nexus or rca to aux to DCA thing to nexus (i want best audio) 2nd question would be that with doing all this could i still install subwoofers , 3rd is how are you guys powering the nexus , where does the other end of charger plug into , is it avtually plugged in or wired in, and how does the fast charging / slow charging work becasue my galaxy note 9 only fast chargers on like 2 chargers and i have to use the specific box for it .If somone could show a picture of video of power wiring and how i wire it to the right wire to turn on when i turn on my car and not be on 247 and drain my battery , also does anyone know how or a link to how to add a back up cam to this mod .

If anyone has a snapchat or phone number that they can just talk to me in voice with it would be alot easier
vin0vin is offline  
The following users liked this post:
puff2ice (04-03-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 AM
  #204  
puff2ice
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 42
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by vin0vin View Post
Hi, does anyone with the nexus 7 / infiniti setup still use this page? I have a few questions . One being can i just put the tablet in and then get a bluetooth connector thing and a rca splitter and split the rca into a aux and plug that into bluetooth thing and connect the nexus 7 to bluetooth , or should go from rca to aux to nexus or rca to aux to DCA thing to nexus (i want best audio) 2nd question would be that with doing all this could i still install subwoofers , 3rd is how are you guys powering the nexus , where does the other end of charger plug into , is it avtually plugged in or wired in, and how does the fast charging / slow charging work becasue my galaxy note 9 only fast chargers on like 2 chargers and i have to use the specific box for it .If somone could show a picture of video of power wiring and how i wire it to the right wire to turn on when i turn on my car and not be on 247 and drain my battery , also does anyone know how or a link to how to add a back up cam to this mod .

If anyone has a snapchat or phone number that they can just talk to me in voice with it would be alot easier
Yes, some of us old timers still lurk in the shadows lol. To answer your questions....

#1 - Yes, in theory you should be able to. I bought iSimple ISFM22 but I have not installed it yet but I can say that for sure, IS31 does work which uses RCA inputs and works as an FM transmitter.
#2 - You will be using your tablet to send sound to the the stock radio so whatever you are doing to take sound and add base to it should work.
#3 - A high output car charger plugged into the cigarette lighter and a quality power cable, that way you are only feeding power to the tablet when the ignition is turned on and not 24/7
#4 - The wiring for our cars changes between models, nav vs no nav vs no nav w/ bose, etc

I'm starting to post videos on youtube on this mod including some how-to's and explaining the logic behind this setup, check it out Miami_g37
puff2ice is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 09:17 PM
  #205  
yx2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jagnala View Post
Hi All,

First i wanted to thank you all for the great help. This thread has really made my life easier. I'm about 50% of the way done with the rework but itís starting to look good so i thought i would share. I didnít like switching between the screen on the nexus so i'm currently installing a small screen at the bottom of my console, either a 5 in (shown in the pic) or a 4.3 in. Also routed 2 usb connector to the front panel for easy access.
What is the specific model of the screen, I can not find the right one, thank you!
yx2004 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Chris Olson
Audio, Video & Electronics
9
11-30-2018 12:24 PM
SS2006
G37 Sedan
8
09-09-2015 12:28 PM
xpcgamer
Audio, Video & Electronics
2
08-25-2015 09:58 PM
GW330
Audio, Video & Electronics
3
08-12-2015 12:19 AM
carid
Audio/Video
0
08-07-2015 05:58 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.