How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7 - Page 14 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Tech Area > Audio, Video & Electronics
Reload this Page >

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Notices
Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Old 05-26-2018, 11:33 AM
puff2ice

Originally Posted by colin.ssc View Post
So still splicing the same cables as mentioned by OP etc? or completely cutting them out? Could you elaborate which ones I would need to cut etc? Appreciate it....
I didnt want to cut my wires so i decided to splice. For the wiring, please refer to harbin9er post above and focus on the last pic displaying a 24 pin connector....it takes some getting used looking at those but you will get the hang of it. Post some pics when done.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:43 PM
harbin9er

Here's a schematic on my 08 G37S Coupe with Navigation setup
On the left it details the pin numbers that I used.
Note that the FSM is not always be accurate! Also, the wiring can differ between model years as well as what package/options the car has. I had to do a lot of trial and error to get it to work with my specific car.

Old 06-18-2018, 06:58 PM
swagger_jacker

What about the HVAC controls? Does that still popup on the screen when you adjust that or do you have to switch back to the other screen to do that? Is there a way to make that work on the tablet screen while displaying the android side?
Old 06-19-2018, 08:25 AM
puff2ice

Originally Posted by swagger_jacker View Post
What about the HVAC controls? Does that still popup on the screen when you adjust that or do you have to switch back to the other screen to do that? Is there a way to make that work on the tablet screen while displaying the android side?
nope, have to switch back to oem screen.
Old 06-22-2018, 03:35 AM
colin.ssc

Originally Posted by puff2ice View Post
nope, have to switch back to oem screen.
Wait, so all this done and still stock screen needs to be used for HVAC? Thought all these meant everything on stock screen would show on the new one =(
Old 06-22-2018, 10:55 AM
puff2ice

Originally Posted by colin.ssc View Post
Wait, so all this done and still stock screen needs to be used for HVAC? Thought all these meant everything on stock screen would show on the new one =(
Look at the below video, the tablet starts off showing the stock screen displayed on the tablet, then the user switches to the tablet....before switching back to the stock screen to view the backup cam...

Going between displaying the stock screen and an app on the tablet is a manual process so you will have access to all the stock screen info....even how cold to put the a/c.
The Following User Says Thank You to puff2ice For This Useful Post:
colin.ssc (08-05-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Barzahd

New project

guys I will be taking on this project using a 2013 N7 in an 08 coupe with Bose/Navi

I will be looking to keep the stock screen as well as incorporate audio out from the tablet to the stock radio

a lot of great info on here that will help guide me, A few years ago I installed the stock Nav screen in my old Non-nav G35x

Old 12-29-2018, 04:30 PM
vin0vin

Hi, does anyone with the nexus 7 / infiniti setup still use this page? I have a few questions . One being can i just put the tablet in and then get a bluetooth connector thing and a rca splitter and split the rca into a aux and plug that into bluetooth thing and connect the nexus 7 to bluetooth , or should go from rca to aux to nexus or rca to aux to DCA thing to nexus (i want best audio) 2nd question would be that with doing all this could i still install subwoofers , 3rd is how are you guys powering the nexus , where does the other end of charger plug into , is it avtually plugged in or wired in, and how does the fast charging / slow charging work becasue my galaxy note 9 only fast chargers on like 2 chargers and i have to use the specific box for it .If somone could show a picture of video of power wiring and how i wire it to the right wire to turn on when i turn on my car and not be on 247 and drain my battery , also does anyone know how or a link to how to add a back up cam to this mod .

If anyone has a snapchat or phone number that they can just talk to me in voice with it would be alot easier