Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:44 PM
jchx99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey anyone who has a 2nd gen nexus 7 ...i paid for the files from timur and i cant see anyone else paying 30 bucks for it...so message me and ill email it to you
The following users liked this post:
blazeplacid (12-05-2015)
Old 05-06-2015, 02:01 PM
yzs4tony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subscribed........
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 AM
puff2ice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My setup....sorry for the shaky video
G37 2012 + nexus 7 2013 w/ Timur
Old 09-05-2015, 04:27 AM
in hwan

Hi Sir
You wondering
I would like to know the wiring 37, 2010
rgbs Do this 1-24 times? Or is there a 36-59 times ??
No. I'd like to teach
Connect the wires are connected to gnd remaining after rgbs Where?
gnd wires are connected, but if anywhere?
Please teach
Old 09-05-2015, 05:18 AM
in hwan

rgbs is connected to one times? gnd is where I connect?
Old 10-24-2015, 07:44 PM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If it is possible to display the stock display on a Nexus 7, I should be able to replace the stock screen with high res screen and convert the stock display to show on that too, right? What I mean is I am installing a carPC and want to put a 7" monitor in where the stock display is. I will just need to convert the rgbs signal to hdmi or vga (not sure what all my options are with the new display). Can someone tell me what kind of rgb to hdmi (or vga) converter I would need to use. I know I would tap the RGB lines, but there is also a sync I need to tap also, right? Is that all? I forgot to mention, I have a Bose with Navi system (i will be using navi software on the pc moving forward).
Old 10-30-2015, 03:35 AM
600rr

Very interested if you figure out how to include a hi-res screen. So far I was considering using a HD variant of the 7in USB powered ones: http://amzn.to/20f7Gh2
Old 10-30-2015, 08:55 AM
JakeG37

I am waiting for a screen to come from China. Once I get it I will be trying it out. I have everything I need to make this work (hopefully). I will splice into 6 wires and route them to a rgb converter and convert it to VGA, then route it to the driver board for the display. The driver board will also have a HDMI that is connected to my PC. I will be able to select the input I want to display so I can either view the PC or stock display. I will definitely post my results when I have everything.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:16 PM
JakeG37

Well I got my screen but I need to fabricate a mounting solution for it since the dimensions are a little off from factory. I am getting the rest of my stereo installed soon so I am going to ask the shop to fabricate something for me. The lcd and touchscreen are separate and I am not sure how I should adhere it. I started to use the double sided sticky foam (real thin) until I realized the there was a very thin layer of adhesive on the overlay. When I stuck the overlay on it seemed fine but then I noticed I would get spots on the display that were pressing too hard against the overlay. Is the thin foam they gave me what I should have used?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:30 AM
tbulsara

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
so... anyone have a plug and play solution to this?? meaning for the wiring part to get the stock image displayed on the nexus and to get the sound off the tablet to the car stereo?
Old 12-04-2015, 10:19 AM
JakeG37

Ok guys, I have installed my new 7" screen, but I am not getting any video signal (stock signal) to the display. I think I may know why but I need Chris to chime in if possible. I cut the video signal wires needed for the RGBS (Red, Green, Blue, Sync, and ground) and redirected them straight to the BGS8200 converter I am using (CGA to VGA). I reconnected the stock display connector into the stock video driver board (thats directly behind the old display) so the remaining signals from the AV unit are still communicating to each other. Did I do this wrong? Should I have just tapped (spliced) into those signal wires without removing the connection completely between the two stock units (AV unit and display unit driver)? I am going back to the audio shop this morning to try and do just that to see if I can get a signal on the converter board. I knew I needed to plug the connector into the display unit board but it wasnt clear to me if all the RGBS signals still needed to be connected to the display unit board as well as the converter I am routing them to. Does this make any sense?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 PM
JakeG37

Well we were able to get video, sort of. I played with the GBS8200 converter trying to get it to stay up and adjust the image but it was to no avail. I am not sure what else to try. The video was very faint when I got it to show but it would sometimes started jumping around and would randomly disappear. Unless I can figure this out I may have to replace the display with a factory one and relocate the new display where the ashtray is. This has been done on another G37, but I forgot where the link is. Its not the way I want it but I might have no choice. Maybe I need another converter, who knows. Wish someone else with a Navi system could have figured this out by now.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:40 PM
.cakestar

hey guys, can someone offer any help? i got it all setup and working but i am getting a line of distortion down the right side and the colors are off. im using the febon and the weiya. im wondering if this is a sync issue. i am doing this process on a g35 and not a g37 but i think it should be the same. attached is the pin out for the nav. i am only able to get a picture if i tap pin 7 for rgb sync and not the rgb area, not even sure what rgb area does.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:27 AM
puff2ice
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
hey guys, can someone offer any help? i got it all setup and working but i am getting a line of distortion down the right side and the colors are off. im using the febon and the weiya. im wondering if this is a sync issue. i am doing this process on a g35 and not a g37 but i think it should be the same. attached is the pin out for the nav. i am only able to get a picture if i tap pin 7 for rgb sync and not the rgb area, not even sure what rgb area does.

it's odd that it is only on one side. What tablet is this on, a nexus 7 2012 or 2013?
Old 03-08-2016, 06:03 PM
.cakestar

so i tested this by trying to isolate the issue. i connected the weiya directly to an older tv with a composite input and the colors are all right and no distortion down the side but there are some scrolling lines but i think that is to be expected.

then just testing a webcam on the uvc100 to tablet and it works fine, no distortion or anything.

no idea what could be causing this. andy from feibon gave me a new firmware to flash to which i did, but it is a 720x480 resolution that i cannot select in dashcam. it just reverts back to the lowest resolution everytime.

if anyone has any ideas for troubleshooting id love to hear it. been working at this for a few hours for a couple days now

Quick Reply: How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7