Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Upgrade Bose with ..Bose?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Newad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrade Bose with ..Bose?

Is it possible to buy more Bose audio equipment if we aren't too disappointed or know what we're hearing from Bose?

I tried to filter through their site and found the car audio section but they list the manufacturers and link only to the Infiniti homepage.

Bose make amps we can buy for subs and upgrades?

Does Bose make a subwoofer for cars? I thought they did.

I'm simplistic. I may just find a way to add a subwoofer of some kind to extend the low end and as long as it is accurate and not needing too be tuned much I could be happy.

I won't defend Bose sound but I understand their approach to compartment sound somewhat. I know their sound is what audiophiles call "colored" but with my mild hearing loss what it is (worked on jets) it still sounds like the sound stage Bose was hoping to put you in. AC Delco is the alternative in most cars so I can appreciate it. I'd like to feel the low end though and hear it as well.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
are you asking to upgrade to other Bose equipment from another car?

I wouldnt waste you time or money

Bose is expensive just to be expensive. They use paper cones and so-so baskets, magnets, etc.

whats your budget?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Newad

About 1k to possibly 1.5k installed by a custom shop or even Best Buy. I have two G37x S to do though. This is why I want to keep things low but IMPROVED. 1k each car would be OK but 1.5k each will be the suck.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:39 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Why did you create two threads? But Bose does not make aftermarket car audio equipment that I'm aware of. It'll also cost more than 1k to replace the entire system from custom shop. That's if we are talking doing everything from processor, wires/wiring, all speakers, amps plus install.

Maybe try adding a small subwoofer if you aren't to disappointed.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Newad

Got them confused didn't I? I mean in responses. One I wanted to be for going Bose expansion the other remove it altogether.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Newad

Just add a subwoofer will be enough. I'm not too disappointed. There are far worse stereos in cars.

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Powered Loaded 10-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Powered Loaded 10-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure: Car Electronics

When they sell those boxed speakers as "loaded" does this mean it comes with a speaker in the unit? Maybe it means powered or ported? I can't remember really. Actually I haven't poured over this add link (above) completly so I'm sorry if it gives me speaker specifications that I missed, yup.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Newad
Just add a subwoofer will be enough. I'm not too disappointed. There are far worse stereos in cars.

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Punch Powered Loaded 10-Inch Subwoofer Enclosure: Car Electronics

When they sell those boxed speakers as "loaded" does this mean it comes with a speaker in the unit? Maybe it means powered or ported? I can't remember really. Actually I haven't poured over this add link (above) completly so I'm sorry if it gives me speaker specifications that I missed, yup.
Just bought this- it's sitting in my trunk waiting for somebody to come install it for me. I'm expecting that this is all that I need to add a lil boom to the G. It's all self-contained. The woofer and 300 watt amp. I just had to add the amp wiring to run to the battery and hook into the rear speakers.

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Is it possible to buy more Bose audio equipment if we aren't too disappointed or know what we're hearing from Bose?

I tried to filter through their site and found the car audio section but they list the manufacturers and link only to the Infiniti homepage.

Bose make amps we can buy for subs and upgrades?

Does Bose make a subwoofer for cars? I thought they did.

I'm simplistic. I may just find a way to add a subwoofer of some kind to extend the low end and as long as it is accurate and not needing too be tuned much I could be happy.

I won't defend Bose sound but I understand their approach to compartment sound somewhat. I know their sound is what audiophiles call "colored" but with my mild hearing loss what it is (worked on jets) it still sounds like the sound stage Bose was hoping to put you in. AC Delco is the alternative in most cars so I can appreciate it. I'd like to feel the low end though and hear it as well.
I hear where your coming from as my Father suffered the same hearing fate from prop engines of WWII to the jets later on so I won't debate you on the (lack of) sonic science Bose employs but to answer your question, adding a sub to the Bose system is not all that difficult and depending on what components you choose, not all that expensive. To keep it all Bose, you will have to cobble components from other cars as Bose Automotive is not a consumer affair but an OEM to automotive manufactures.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Yeah, there was the AM radio in my Grandmothers 68 Wildcat
Old 10-01-2013, 09:43 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 232 Likes on 194 Posts
I find that you need to fiddle with the settings based on the source you are using, especially the sound stage. When playing CDs (much higher quality), I find the unit sounds better with the sound stage off. However, with muddy sounding XM or FM, it tends to help create more separation between left and right channels. I also have to adjust the bass and treble based on the source selected. The unit could use some additional bass, so at some point I will add another Infinity Basslink. I have put these in all of my cars and they seem like the perfect match for most factory systems.
The following users liked this post:
Newad (10-06-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by socketz67
I find that you need to fiddle with the settings based on the source you are using, especially the sound stage. When playing CDs (much higher quality), I find the unit sounds better with the sound stage off. However, with muddy sounding XM or FM, it tends to help create more separation between left and right channels. I also have to adjust the bass and treble based on the source selected. The unit could use some additional bass, so at some point I will add another Infinity Basslink. I have put these in all of my cars and they seem like the perfect match for most factory systems.
How did you tie this unit into the existing headunit or wiring and Where did you put this thing?

Infinity Basslink 200-Watt, Dual 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer System (Black):Amazon:Car Electronics
Old 12-29-2013, 07:23 AM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Kinetic
How did you tie this unit into the existing headunit or wiring and Where did you put this thing?

Infinity Basslink 200-Watt, Dual 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer System (Black):Amazon:Car Electronics
I have one of these in my Miata behind the passenger seat and it's OK. I don't think in a larger car like a G it would do much good. I got a RF 10 inch sub (as noted above) and love it. It adds plenty of boom while not taking up much trunk space. I had somebody install it for $100.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:38 AM
Woodlands Ed

Hello all,

I am am new to the forum after just purchasing a new to me 2012 G37 Sport Coupe. I have been sorting through the threads on sound systems, and therefore apologize if this is covered elsewhere (and previously).

It is clear to me that the front door speakers are a 3 way system. What is not clear is what the rear passenger speakers and the rear deck speakers are doing. Are they basically playing the same feed as what is going to the front door speakers? And I have no idea why a center speaker is included in such a small vehicle. Surround sound? Like I will be watching movies?

I beleive that I have the Bose system (there plenty of Bose badges in the car), but have found little info on What the component pieces are, and how the speakers are integrated. For example, are there any amps or subs included in the standard Bose package. If so, where are they located?

I have also heard that this car is not an easy one for making upgrades to the existing components/system setup. And that perhaps adding an upgraded amp, and perhaps a subwoofer in the trunk may be all that is advisable, unless you are after a completely different sound experience (i.e., large budget and lots of time).

Any background, referrals to previous posts, links to primers on Infiniti sound systems would be appreciated.

Once again, apologies if I have missed this somewhere previously posted.

Thanks, Woodlands Ed