Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Climate Control Buttons Responding Slowly

Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 PM
bunnyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have the problem that you described. I spoken with the infiniti engineer before regarding to this problem, during my other warranty repair. We found out that, the climate control only lags when the vehicle comes equip with navigation. Non Navigation doesn't have this problem. btw I have a 2012 G37S sedan.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:57 AM
JMS2000

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by bunnyz
I also have the problem that you described. I spoken with the infiniti engineer before regarding to this problem, during my other warranty repair. We found out that, the climate control only lags when the vehicle comes equip with navigation. Non Navigation doesn't have this problem. btw I have a 2012 G37S sedan.
That's interesting. Could they narrow it down any further? Do they know if it is a software or hardware issue?
Old 03-18-2013, 01:12 AM
bunnyz

No, they didn't narrow it down any further. But I believe the engineer is going to report it to techline or other engineer. Afterall I did show the engineer that not only my car have this problem, we tired other g37 with nav and without nav. the g37 with nav seems to have the lagging problem, so I would guess it is something related to the navigation system. My guess would be software issue. When I say lagging problem I'm talking about need to push two times in order to change mode on the air vent, while it is on. To me it is sort of like the first push of the mode button is to wake up the system and the second push of the button is the actual changing mode.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 AM
JMS2000

Yes, I've also noticed that a second button push will make the system respond immediately. However, it is only responding to the first push when that happens. If you wait about 30 seconds, you'll notice that the system will eventually register the second push as well. It seems that successive button pushes will preempt the delay and make the system register the next change that was made. I also suspect a software issue because the problem is corrected once the system is rebooted. There is probably a queue of commands that the system processes and maybe there is a bug within the timer logic or event notification logic that handles the processing of the next command. Too bad we can't see the code!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:18 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I never noticed it...probably because I leave the system in auto all year except for an occasional tweak of the temperature.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:39 PM
JMS2000

Update...

The car is still displaying the same behavior, and it is still as intermittent as ever. Sigh. I spoke to the service manager again. Still no word from Infiniti. He will check with the tech-line again this week. If there is no word, he suggested that the processor module inside the dashboard be replaced. Let the shotgunning begin!

At this point, I doubt the issue is with software. It would be more widespread... right? Sigh, so I will allow them to replace the module first, and then the radio faceplate, if necessary. Hopefully, replacing one or the other will correct the issue. Stay tuned.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Italianaviator

Mine does this too. But it is very intermittent. I have a '12 IPL Coupe. Live in FL. So I mostly drive with the windows down. So I don't recognize it as much since I rarely use that system.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 AM
JMS2000

Going under the knife today... They said they're gonna check some wiring and voltages first. Maybe it's just a faulty connection... We'll see.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:55 PM
JMS2000

Thumbs up Update... Hopefully the last!

So I brought my car to the dealership today. The service manager told me all the wiring/connectors and voltages/signals were normal, and that no error codes were being thrown. However, Infiniti has apparently released a software update TSB for "radio controls locking up", which may or may not be related. The software update was installed, and everything from the processor module to the radio faceplate has been replaced. Hopefully, the issue has been resolved, but only time will tell. For those of you out there who might have this issue, you may want to inquire about the software update.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 PM
x818ray
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Whats the TSB?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 AM
JMS2000

Originally Posted by x818ray
Whats the TSB?
The invoice states that they performed ITB12054A for "system locking up at times".
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM
bunnyz

Interesting, please give us an update. So is it a software update or have to replace the processor module to the radio faceplate? thank you
Old 04-24-2013, 05:58 AM
JMS2000

Update...

So far, the system has behaved normally. I haven't noticed the slow down since I've gotten the car back. The problem is intermittent though, so I can't prove that it's gone. I'll only know if/when it fails again. I'll update this thread if that happens. *knock on wood*

The invoice on the warranty claim says a software update was applied via the TSB and the "radio controls" were replaced by customer request. I still have the same XM radio ID as before though, so I don't think the faceplate was replaced. I must have misunderstood the service manager. I thought he said he replaced it as well, but I think it was just the processor module. That's what he said they were going to do initially, so that's probably all that was done.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:13 PM
JMS2000

Final update, hopefully...

Well, it's been about 5 months... still no issues. I think the problem has been fixed.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:17 AM
boomraider

Purchased a 13' G37xS last week with 20k miles on it and noticed this issue today when I was letting the car idle for about 20-30 minutes while playing with the Nav and activating Sirius trial (quick side question, why when I click say.. rock under categories in xm do no list of stations pop up, I just got to the first rock station and have to use the tuner **** to browse further).

Anyway, I was turning the air off, and it did not respond until about 5 or 10 seconds. Then I tried fan control, etc., and they all lagged about the same. I turned the car off and restarted and voila.. back to normal. That could get annoying on long trips. >:\

It sounds like you got a lot of work done to try and fix the problem, did they ever pin point what the exact problem was?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Climate Control Buttons Responding Slowly